Is it possible to use 2 different foot controllers simultaneously?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I posed the question at the end my my other thread - "Does Anyone Use a 2nd controller?" but I got no answers. I figured that thread ran its course. So I want to know now whether it's possible to use 2 DIFFERENT foot controllers? I'm wondering whether I can use my LF+12+ and another different model to control scenes and other things. I thinking they'd be daisy chained but on different midi channels.

I use to Lf+ 12+s. they are in a master slave configuration.
Yes, you can certainly use 2 different controllers as long as one has a MIDI thru or you have a MIDI merger.

IIRC the MFC can pass through MIDI PCs from a connected controller, but not CCs.
So a MIDI Mouse will work with a MFC, for presets.

TotalSync (communicating preset changes from Axe to controller) probably won't work with a connected controller to the MFC.

I'm using a LF+12+. And they can chain together. But I'm thinking of a cheaper 2nd one that can handle additional CC stuff.

I'm using a LF+12+. And they can chain together. But I'm thinking of a cheaper 2nd one that can handle additional CC stuff.

Are you using all expression ports on your LF+ 12? Each one can support 2 buttons, for a total of 8 add'l buttons. You can use your own switch wiring per user guide, or off the shelf, like BOSS 5U, or their duel switch version.

a good quality MIDI merger will allow you to do that. Though there is a chance of MIDI lag, it is doubtful since the types of MIDI events being sent through the bottleneck are fairly lean, relatively speaking.

MIDI Solutions Merger; Two Input MIDI Merger

However, you will lose two way communication with that method (without modification). It is not needed with LF anyway as it has MIDI thru and will pass the info through. You won't get 2 way communication with the MIDI device plugged into the LF but it will send the information through the LF and on to the Axe-fx.

Back
Top Bottom