Is it possible to record two outputs via USB?

Poparad

Power User
I was wanting to record a track and have both the dry signal and the fx/amp signal to separate tracks in Pro Tools. That way I have a take with all the sounds, but I have the choice of reamping later with a different patch. Right now when I record, everything dumps into one stereo output. I suppose one method would be to pan the dry left and the effected right, and then split the track in Pro Tools, but then I wouldn't be able to record any stereo effects.

One thing I haven't tried is sending one signal to Output 1 and another to Output 2 and switching off "Copy Out1->Out2." Would that do it?

Edit: In Pro Tools, with the Axe selected as my playback engine, I only have the choice of "In 1" and "In 2", which are Output 1 L and R. I don't have a 3 or 4 option.

You should have 3 and 4 available. Do they show up on your computer (are they only invisible in ProTools?)? I don't know that program well enough to tell you where to look.

On the "USB Audio Class Driver Control Panel" than the Axe driver installs, it says I have Input Stream = 4 channels, 24 bit, and the Output Stream = 2 channels, 24 bits. They're both grayed out, so I can't select anything else.

Also, for the Volume Control options (on the "Device 0" options), if I click "Input Channels" or "Output Channels" I get an error that reads "TUSBAUDIO_AudioControlRequestGet failed. Status 0xEF000012 (unknown), and then another error that says the same except for "Status 0xEF000004 (unknown)." Then the volume control window pops up, but the faders are all grayed out. Input has 4 faders and a master fader, and Output has 2 faders and a master fader.

Yes! Thank you! I didn't think to inspect Pro Tool's audio settings. In the Setup -> I/O Settings, the 3rd and 4th AxeFX channels were listed, but not assigned paths into Pro Tools yet.
Cool. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Back
Top Bottom