Is it possible to mute output when using headphones?

sgplayer76

Inspired
I'm wondering if it is possible to mute/bypass the Axe II's rear speaker outputs when headphones are plugged into the front of the unit?

Turn the speaker connected to output 1 down or off. That is the only other way (other than unplugging from out output 1).

I wish the headphone output was on output 2, then you could adjust them independantly. I wonder if this could be in a future firmware update or is it hardware related?

Why not choose "copy 1to 2" in the meny.
The you can use both.
Or why not use out 2 as your main output and use out 1 for headphones.

I'd love to have the ability to mute the outs for headphone use (or be able to assign the headphone jack to Out 2).

I use Out 1 unbalanced to feed my in-ears transmitter (wired in the rack) & use Out 1 balanced for FOH. At home, I use XLRs to my monitors, so Out 1 (balanced) is my only choice. I use the loop to feed my guitar synth into the Axe, but I don't use the Out 2 send, so having the headphone jack on Out 2 would be great.

Why not choose "copy 1to 2" in the meny.
The you can use both.
Or why not use out 2 as your main output and use out 1 for headphones.
That's a really great idea except I am already using both sets of outputs. Looks like I will have to keep powering off my monitors manually for now.

Can you not use the tuner mute? Just turn the tuner on. I do that live all the time. Does that mute the headphone out?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Back
Top Bottom