Is it normal to have my global input set to about 12% (down from 50%)?

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
Is it normal to have my global input set to about 12% (down from 50%) to not have it clip on the Axe-fx II? With the default, it's clipping like crazy! Thanks.

depends on how hot your pickups are.. Mine is running around the 72% level (about where it was on my Ultra), and I have active electronics on mine.

Thanks for the reply s0c9... on the Ultra I was at about 11 o'clock... I'm am using the stock pickups on an Ibanez SZ320... I'll have to see how it is on my other SZ320 with the BK Painkiller tonight at practice... Thanks!

I am having difficulty with my output volume on my patches. I have active emg pickups on my music man, however did not have issues with clipping on my ultra. Seems like I lose some of my sparkle and tone when I turn down the output volume on the amp and cabinets....

I have a similar "issue". I've been playing with a stock LP Standard. At 50%, the input was clipping. Reduced it down to 43%, still seems too hot (only once in a while will hit Red).

My experience is VERY similar with a Les Paul Axcess, 498T pickup. 45%
One difference I have noticed from one of the posters is I hardly get any O/P clipping. I had more in the Ultra. Seems the factory presets are really nicely staged.

I have a similar "issue". I've been playing with a stock LP Standard. At 50%, the input was clipping. Reduced it down to 43%, still seems too hot (only once in a while will hit Red).

I'm at about 80% on my input to "tickle the red light" I used to run higher on my ultra, I use pretty low output pickups.

my INSTR IN is at 50%.Lundgren pups,hitting red leds occasionally.
my OUT 1 clipped w/presets til I turned down some levels but no input clipping.I thought the unity gain input took care of input clipping(within reason) and the soft knobbers are for trim?

Ok, just had my first practice yesterday... I double checked the input and it turns out that I was actually at 5% with my Ibanez SZ320 with stock pickups!! My other SZ320 with BKP Painkiller in the bridge and stock on the neck had to be set at 25% to barely touch the red... as I said earlier, with my Ultra I was closer to 11-12 o'clock. Another thing... I know it was mentioned that with the output knob all the way down you still get some audio bleeding through, I was also getting quite a bit of signal with the input all the way down... no biggie just an observation... Thanks!

I used to run my Ultra input around 1 o'clock for a couple of guitars and now I'm down in the 20-25% range.

Back
Top Bottom