Is it just me ... or is anyone else starting to think we -wont- see the AX8 until Q1 2016 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That must have been a big dent, man. They go for 5 k € around here. Keep me posted when you have a nice AX8 acoustic preset dialed in, will you?

Everyone should have a really good sounding acoustic around. Kind of a personal present. Looks as good as it sounds!

Congrats on the guitar Rick. I just got a new Taylor 816CE a few weeks ago. It's nice to have a fine sounding and playing acoustic after a very long time without one. This guitar actually sounds surprisingly good plugged in. I'm looking forward to setting up a few patches for it with a new AX8 sometime soon!

That must have been a big dent, man. They go for 5 k € around here. Keep me posted when you have a nice AX8 acoustic preset dialed in, will you?
I got a good deal, 2014 model at $3000 US and it is spotless. I had an 814CE at one time and was actually shopping for one when I ran into this. Couldn't pass it up. Very even sounding guitar, full but not overly hyped anywhere. I will definitely have to work up a preset or two for it. The ES2 system sounds very natural through the board, and should sound great through the AX8. One more reason to keep checking the inbox!

Reactions: sam
Maybe they are getting invites ready to send out in the morning!! Ya, that's it!!

Sure thing. Hand written too. Might take a while to get them though , because they're being delivered personally on horseback. The lucky ones already got their invite via carrier pigeon.

It's nice to have a fine sounding and playing acoustic after a very long time without one. This guitar actually sounds surprisingly good plugged in. I'm looking forward to setting up a few patches for it with a new AX8 sometime soon!

Don't forget to upload a soundclip and the preset when you have it done.

Reactions: sam
I got a good deal, 2014 model at $3000 US and it is spotless. I had an 814CE at one time and was actually shopping for one when I ran into this. Couldn't pass it up. Very even sounding guitar, full but not overly hyped anywhere. I will definitely have to work up a preset or two for it. The ES2 system sounds very natural through the board, and should sound great through the AX8. One more reason to keep checking the inbox!
Lucky You! 3000 bucks is a steal. And in such a good shape it should be better than new after it had some playing time. I take my working horse, a 900 $ L'arrivee to gigs. But boy, my McIlroy (2000 $ used) is another world. My friend who actually has two very nice Taylors wanted to have one as soon as he played a few cords on the McIlroy. He is a pro and he can claim taxes back so why not. When you recovered from the Taylor and FX8 wallet dents you may want to check one out.
Sorry, back to topic, I got carried away, where were we? - right, the release of the AX8. I wonder how they apply new firmware after ironing the bugs out - one by one to the units? Man, that must take quite some time...

I really started to think that we won't be able to have any AX-8 in Europe before 2016.
A week past after "first units are shipped". Nothing happened even in States.

We are doomed.

Yes, the "shipped" statement was misleading. "Shipped to beta testers" appears to be what has happened.

"Doomed"? Lol. Europe may be doomed but is not because the AX8 hasn't started shipping to the waiting list yet!

Lucky You! 3000 bucks is a steal. And in such a good shape it should be better than new after it had some playing time. I take my working horse, a 900 $ L'arrivee to gigs. But boy, my McIlroy (2000 $ used) is another world. My friend who actually has two very nice Taylors wanted to have one as soon as he played a few cords on the McIlroy. He is a pro and he can claim taxes back so why not. When you recovered from the Taylor and FX8 wallet dents you may want to check one out.
Sorry, back to topic, I got carried away, where were we? - right, the release of the AX8. I wonder how they apply new firmware after ironing the bugs out - one by one to the units? Man, that must take quite some time...
Thanks for the tip! We are sort of on topic... passing the time while we wait for the email. THE email which, incidentally, did not come this morning. :(

Hey all

Just a sense I'm getting .......but ....... I'm thinking that given the lack of any further "specificity" from Fractal about the AX8 means we wont see the first batch in retail customers hands until Q1 2016 ?

Anyone else thinking the same thing ?

Ben

PS: Yes I -know- the above is pure speculation but (a) this is a discussion forum after all (b) other than the initial AX8 "flurry" and "announcement excitement" any actual, specific, detailed AX8 info has been essentially non-existent and (c) as a result of (b) threads are getting increasingly circular and pointless - which is still good forum fun and humour mind you :) .......

Yup, most likely...

Yes, the "shipped" statement was misleading. "Shipped to beta testers" appears to be what has happened.

"Doomed"? Lol. Europe may be doomed but is not because the AX8 hasn't started shipping to the waiting list yet!

Ya, I'm feeling kind of duped!! I thought they were going to actually start shipping to the wait list last week, I sold my AXII XL to have the funds available for the AX8. Now a week later I've sold a couple other things and could have kept the Axe and MFC and still bought the AX8. Live and learn I guess.

Ya, I'm feeling kind of duped!! I thought they were going to actually start shipping to the wait list last week, I sold my AXII XL to have the funds available for the AX8. Now a week later I've sold a couple other things and could have kept the Axe and MFC and still bought the AX8. Live and learn I guess.
huh?

I gotta say from a selling standpoint it seems like you would want to get this out by black Friday while funds are still totally available. Too much later and I gotta imagine a lot of people will be having issues with having the cash to throw down with Christmas so close around the corner.
Let's hope that it does get out before then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom