Is it dead?

korfist

Anyone experience when the whole front panel stays lighted and the LED panel is lit but blank. I accidentally tried to put the XL version in instead of the II and it made a horrible noise and stopped. I couldn't find anything on the forum and impatiently awaiting support info from Fractal.

Anyone experience when the whole front panel stays lighted and the LED panel is lit but blank. I accidentally tried to put the XL version in instead of the II and it made a horrible noise and stopped.

When mine did that (including making a horrible noise) it was dead and had to be replaced. Definitely contact support.

I inadvertently tried to upload XL fw a couple revisions ago and the Bot threw a message telling me that it wasn't compatible.

Mine did that last month.. though i honestly didnt touch anything, it just all the sudden was all lit up.. set it for repair.. they never did tell me what was wrong with it

You'll have to order an EPROM from service. It's really simple to install and fix the problem, but you'll have to wait a few days for them to ship it to you. Contact support.

Chris means that if you used Fractal-Bot to upload the wrong firmware or any other 3rd party program. Looks like Fractal-Bot doesn't allow you to upload a firmware from other model.

I downloaded the XL fw and the BOT told me it was the wrong fw. I got AXII Mark I.

Just download the regular fw and all was well.

Chris means that if you used Fractal-Bot to upload the wrong firmware or any other 3rd party program. Looks like Fractal-Bot doesn't allow you to upload a firmware from other model.

The XL file should not be able to load period. The XL has a different sysex ID.

I have an AxeFX II Mark II and I always, ALWAYS, always download the XL firmware...every...damn....time. I just got so used to clicking the top link on the firmware download page. With the XL out, my machine is no longer top dog :-(

But I can verify that Fractal Bot dutifully disallows me to load the XL firmware. Nice of it to prevent me doing something that could mess up my AxeFX.

Back
Top Bottom