Is FM3 enought for me?

Giordydiver

Inspired
Hi guys, i want to rebuy Fm3 but I'm not sure that has enought cpu for what i want.

My ideal rig would be:
-Studio compressor FF1
-Wah block
-GEQ block 10band
-Delay digital mono
-Amp block (with modifier for engaged TS808 boost)
-Cab block (2ir in ultra-res, preamp in high quality, room level and air used)
-Chorus analog stereo
-Delay stereo tape
-Reverb studio reverb in ultra high quality

I have had FX3 a couple of years ago and i heared the difference with ultra res ir, ultra high quality reverb and high quality preamp, so i dont want save cpu decreasing quality of this block.

Now my question is, fm3 can run this rig and what would the CPU level be?

Two Delays and hi res Verb, maybe close to running out but I have a feeling you can run that with some minor tweaks

Try that Dirty Shirly with a custom IR sounds so good. Leon Todds LT7 sounds huge with it
The Dirty Shirley sounds great period. Leon Todd's video on the Multi Tap delay also could benefit your potential situation. You can get 4 delays, chorus and diffusion from one block, which reduces your cpu use and need for multiple delay, chorus and reverb blocks.

The Dirty Shirley sounds great period. Leon Todd's video on the Multi Tap delay also could benefit your potential situation. You can get 4 delays, chorus and diffusion from one block, which reduces your cpu use and need for multiple delay, chorus and reverb blocks.
I need 2 different delay , one in front amp and one after, also for chorus and reverb i need different

only one reverb block, so you'd need to use channels. there's honestly no need for the highest reverb quality in a live setting, or even most recording situations.

I need 2 different delay , one in front amp and one after, also for chorus and reverb i need different
The only way you can get two different reverbs is to use the Plex delay and the reverb together, but if you're using all those additional blocks, you'll probably overload the CPU.

only one reverb block, so you'd need to use channels. there's honestly no need for the highest reverb quality in a live setting, or even most recording situations.
Of course only one reverb block, i meant different block for chorus, delay and reverb and not Plex delay for all.

About the quality, i hear the difference so yes i want all with maximum quality

Hi guys, i want to rebuy Fm3 but I'm not sure that has enought cpu for what i want.

My ideal rig would be:
-Studio compressor FF1
-Wah block
-GEQ block 10band
-Delay digital mono
-Amp block (with modifier for engaged TS808 boost)
-Cab block (2ir in ultra-res, preamp in high quality, room level and air used)
-Chorus analog stereo
-Delay stereo tape
-Reverb studio reverb in ultra high quality

I have had FX3 a couple of years ago and i heared the difference with ultra res ir, ultra high quality reverb and high quality preamp, so i dont want save cpu decreasing quality of this block.

Now my question is, fm3 can run this rig and what would the CPU level be?
The stereo UR will cost about 8%
high quality verb 35%
basic use in out amp is about 15 i think so your cab verb amp is going to hover hi 50s to start
i think you will make it w channels but you will be in the 80 %

I know axe3 is the best solution, but is out of my budget and i dont need extra block, so is someone can try it with fm3 would me do a great pleasure.

Ok, you either need to go with the 3 or to use an external reverb (which is what I do).

Running with the Reverb in economy mode takes 79%, normal 85% and warnings - you can't get it to High.

Turning off the pre-amp in the Cab block means you can get the Reverb to High (Still with warnings at 88%)

Turning off the room in the Cab block means you get get the Reverb to Ultra-High at 88%

So actually I think that's a pretty good outcome, if you are prepared to run the Reverb in High rather than Ultra High - and not use the pre-amp in the Cab it will work (with room on in the cab)

Or run the Reverb Ultra-High but don't use pre-amp or Room

If you want no compromise - external reverb, or the III

To add - you can run your patch with an external reverb, everything else as you specify and the power is 68%

Given your restrictions, I'd try to get used to not using pre-amp and room in the cab block

Ok, you either need to go with the 3 or to use an external reverb (which is what I do).

Running with the Reverb in economy mode takes 79%, normal 85% and warnings - you can't get it to High.

Turning off the pre-amp in the Cab block means you can get the Reverb to High (Still with warnings at 88%)

Turning off the room in the Cab block means you get get the Reverb to Ultra-High at 88%

So actually I think that's a pretty good outcome, if you are prepared to run the Reverb in High rather than Ultra High - and not use the pre-amp in the Cab it will work (with room on in the cab)

Or run the Reverb Ultra-High but don't use pre-amp or Room

If you want no compromise - external reverb, or the III
This is way way to close even cutting a block
we also dont know what modifiers
op wants to use , those alone can fluctuate CPU 5 or 6 %

I could use external wah, and maybe not used preamp. I also thought to mix the irs together adding preamp in a daw to have only one ir, the problem is how do this with .syx ir or with stock ir

Back
Top Bottom