Is "Class-A 30W Brilliant" a 1963 AC30?

Owen

I was looking through the Cabinet Model List on the Fractal Audio Systems Wiki page and noticed this:

2x12 Class-A 30W — 12" Alnico Silver Bell speakers [7] in a 1963 VOX AC-30 combo. “The AC30 used for this Dyna-Cab was provided by a customer. It's a particularly nice sounding AC30 and I think it's because of the speakers. Also, this particular AC30 has "beam blockers" both vertically and horizontally. Most AC30s just have a vertical strip. This one has a cross pattern.” [8] "That cab is ridiculous. It's a one-of-a-kind cab. All the AC30 cabs I've ever seen have a single bar in front of the speaker, this one has a cross. It has the original Vox speakers in it and is in pristine condition. A user was kind enough to lend it to us." [9]

Was the 1963 VOX AC30 mentioned in there used to create the "Class-A 30W Brilliant" model? This would make sense since a 1963 AC30 would have a brilliant channel. I am curious what the reference amp was for this one since the other Class-A 30W models seem to be modeled based on a VOX AC30HW.

Back
Top Bottom