Is AXE FX II still good in 2023?

Volvagia

I am debating selling my axe fx 2 I got in 2016 as I don't play live and prefer to use neural dsp plugins for the studio. My only concern is I'm not sure if there is another interface I could buy that would give me the same DI quality/Low latency that the axe fx does. Should I maybe keep the axe fx just for tracking DIs or is there a better option? Does the axe FX 3 have better DI quality than the Axe FX 2?

There are plenty of interfaces capable of delivering good DIs. And if you don’t got an interface that live up to what you think is the standard you could get a di-box. From what I’ve heard of others owning the II it is still a beast of a unit. Great amp modeling, and fx. But you can find great plugins that give you great tones (maybe you already have some you are happy with)

I don’t know if the III delivers better DI than the II, but I would assume it is the same quality. Maybe the a/d converters are better on the 3. Others who own both units are probably able to answer this. (I just own the III)

Just a note: I’ve been sent a lot of DI tracks through the years from different people with different gear in all price ranges. The problems I’ve encountered are almost always electromagnetic hum (too close to the computer or computer monitor) or ground loops if there are any issues. If you only need to get a clean DI I would suggest you look into the radial stuff. Great gear that does the job. (Though I personally would have kept the II)

Back
Top Bottom