is axe edit working now with v7...???

rudomat

Inspired
can we use axe edit with v7 now...? if not, when can we expect it...? would be great to get an extra "axe edit" room here in the forum...and more regular infos about these serious problems...;-(
thanks

I can't believe they are taking this long fixing the issues know everyone is having major problems with Axe Edit. I can't even "Get From Axe FX"...it finds 2 patches then stops!
I hope they fix it soon..

Hey guys, don't mean to be rude but please stop whining about an additional tool which is faulty but cost you zip. Fractal just shipped a new FW which delivers the best sounds ever heard from a modeller. For free. And they will fix AXE Edit too. Meanwhile use the AXE display to edit the presets and backup using the internal storage. No big deal really.

The last version (317) does work pretty well for lots of people with firmware 7

Working but moody, definitely not like 6.x. I guess they are working on fixing the issues. If you have a problem, quit the application and restart it. Synching with MFC is not always either.

Face it gentlemen - we are spoiled. We have the best unit on the planet and we expect perfection and demand it NOW! Axe-Fx II and 7.0 is a gift from the gods.

I will hold the upgrade to v.7 until the problems are sorted. I recommend people who depend on the Edit do the same. I really need Edit for my setup at home when dealing with patch loading/creating. Working with the front panel is too slow for me...

I don't agree with people saying that Axe Edit is FREE and we sholdn't complain if it's buggy. In my point of view the Edit is a part of the package, which also seem to be FAS view on the matter, since Cliff made some statements that the Axe Edit HAVE to work otherwise heads will roll.
A software editor is essential, I woldn't have bought the Axe if it was announced not having that. The competitors all have working editors (well, ok, KPA may be a bit behind), so I think FAS realize the importance here...

It will be stable sooner or later, we just need some patience, folks...;)

It's working for me for what I use it for. Saying everyone is having problems is too broad. Also to say everyone wants or needs ---- this or that is also general.

I put a poll up to try to gather percentages of what individuals actually would prefer to see.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/56760-do-you-want-better-tools-upgrades.html#

Go and vote if you didn't already.

Yeah, I voted. Nice poll by the way!
Of course everyone have different needs. For me it's perfectly fine if FAS choose to release new firmware for people to try out even if the Axe Edit is not quite there yet... I know it's not stable so I can choose not to upgrade now, so it's all good.
Just sayin' FAS won't give up on the editor, it's too important, which your poll also shows...

I used to own a Eleven Rack, which soundwise is a great piece of gear. Not in the Axe territory but still better than Line6 and other stuff. The Eleven is pretty cheap considering it's qualities, but they have two major flaws which I think have sent the unit to it's grave:
1. They come out with FW upgrades once every 2-3 years, and they charge plenty of dollars for it.
2. They have a editor, that works great, but, it's locked to be used in Pro Tools, which is a big mistake. Of course they want to force people into PT, but to have to load a resorce hungry DAW to be able to load/upload/edit a patch? I got tired of that, plus PT had a few quirks in itself on my system...

FAS is doing everything right. The Axe is expensive, but worth the price considering all the work that's being put down on improvments. I bought it not only for the great reviews and bad-ass tone, but also for the reputation they have of the neverending improvment of the unit, which no other company can match...

I have used Axe Edit to update to V7, load the new banks & organize my patches with zero issues.

I worked a little slower as to not upset Axe-Edit but all is good.

It 's not working for me either - and I need it to load the new V7 presets.......

No, you don't. You can load presets with any midi sysex program. Like SendSX, Midi-Ox or (I presume) Midi Librarian for Mac (don't have a Mac). Also banks and firmware, BTW. I loaded 7.0 with SendSX just to see.

I even think any version of Axe-MANAGE will load midi files to your Axe as long as you stay out of the edit windows. Newest Edit works well for me so I'm not sure on the last bit.

As pointed out, simple uploading of banks (of presets, or your own) is no problem at all with Axe-Edit.

And there's midi software like midiOX which gets the job done for sending and receiving banks/patches, too.

BTW, against Cliff's advise I used the latest Axe-Edit to audition the whole three banks of v7 presets without a problem. To minimze the danger of patch corruption I exported the patches to .syx files to harddisk and then sent them to the Axe with midiOX, saved manually.

No, you don't. You can load presets with any midi sysex program. Like SendSX, Midi-Ox or (I presume) Midi Librarian for Mac (don't have a Mac). Also banks and firmware, BTW. I loaded 7.0 with SendSX just to see.

I even think any version of Axe-MANAGE will load midi files to your Axe as long as you stay out of the edit windows. Newest Edit works well for me so I'm not sure on the last bit.

Thanks Dutch - I'll try that tonight! This is why I love my Axe FX 2, Cliff, the forum, and the forum members!

When I first downloaded the Version 7 Beta, then the full Version 7, it sounded amazing. I was blown away by the tones and very happy. Somewhere between turning off my Axe-FX II and turning it back on hours/days later, I have some type of harsh tone on every preset.

Right now, I'm updating the firmware again but using MIDI-OX. I hope it works this time. It is difficult to figure out what is exactly wrong because everything sounds "off" but can't get it.

With that said, I know Cliff and the team work their butts off for this machine so I'll deal with some harsh tones for awhile until I can figure it out.

I wish there was some sticky about whether axe edit is truly ready or not. seems to be an awful lot of confusion on this.

Back
Top Bottom