Is anyone still using FAMC Liquid Foot models?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
The questions says everything. I haven't used mine in a while. But that's more to do with the fact that I have an AX8 and my Axe Fx XL_ is in a rack. I haven't needed the LF+12+. But it was a pain for me to program and the support was dreadful. I mean when I GOT it, it was great. But way too long between.

Just trying to figure whether I should sell it and get the Fractal controller. I like a lot of things about the LF.

I bought my mini in march, and loving it. The support is really good. I asked for several things, and they implemented it all!!! To it use with the axe, is allmost fully automated these days.

If you want plug-and-play, you'll probably be happier with an MFC than an LF+.

I was an early adopter of the 12+ (I believe that mine is from the first production run.) I no longer use 12+, which I bought for my (also retired) Eleven Rack system.

My AFX is controlled by a Pro+. I just bought a second Pro+ to use as an expander for the first.

I've found the support to be adequate, but I've never expected much in the way of assistance: I report bugs: they get fixed -- sometimes sooner; sometimes later.

My impression is that FAMC is a much smaller company than FAS. I don't know for certain, but I'd guess that FAMC only two or three people.

I don't use any of the sync fuctionality: that didn't exist in the early units and I have zero interest in using that feature.

LF+ JR+ here. Though I have had some issues with programming it - all fixable with the assistance of FAMC support who have been helpful and reply quickly in my experience.

LF+JR+, you should use the wizard to program your LF, then customise the page to adjust to your taste
Oh yeah. I always used that. But there were times it just wouldn't work. It wouldn't communicate with the Mac, at all. I did the sudo command thing that worked for a while. It just became a pita. I've had support. They know me well.

I've been using a Jr+ for many years...LOVE it. I too have had issues with trying to get it to update with the axe...Although I don't need it, lately I've been wanting to try out a 12+ (or the X-series if they ever come available). Any of you not using your 12+, you really need another tube amp or guitar in trade from me :cool:

I'm running a LF+ 12+. I've had an awful, awful time with their support... but I also don't have another $1000 to spend on an RJM. It's super good if you can figure out how to program the thing.

I wanna get my AX8 up off the floor and run it with my LF+ Mini. Anybody here have any experience with that particular scenario? I haven't used midi in a long time so I am basically starting from scratch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I wanna get my AX8 up off the floor and run it with my LF+ Mini. Anybody here have any experience with that particular scenario? I haven't used midi in a long time so I am basically starting from scratch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The newest LF+ Editor v6.05 has a Global setting under External Device Model for AXE-FX AX8 but I don't own an AX8 to know if it syncs in real-time. You could use your LF+ Mini for Set Lists and Songs mode with your AX8. That's what I plan to do with my Axe-Fx III and also buy a few FC, so everything syncs. I have my Songs setup, so I step on a context up button for every song section, so I never have to think what button to step on next.

Back
Top Bottom