Is 9.04 The Last Firmware For The Axe-Fx II?

Cliff already replied, but I was going to say, unlikely, as I imagine there's an update coming to bring in some of the epiphanies discovered in Ares....

I'm hoping we'll see some nice things for bass trickle down to the II, though I know I have a III in my future, would be great to see the B-15 Cliff mentioned a while back (and the Sunn Model T) make their way to all the platforms.

Still I keep finding myself saying, if it get's no more anything, it's still mighty awesome as it is (and was good enough to be a lifetime keeper like 2 years ago, or something).

No. In fact I finished porting some of the Ares stuff to the II yesterday.
I have to admit to having mixed feelings about this (as a II owner who regularly plays out). I was just getting over my addiction to firmware updates, thinking about all the things I could do with the time not spent updating tones.

It's like seeing that long-lost love walk past that you thought you were over. Boom, you're right back. There's no use fighting it. Resistance is futile.

Yeah, get in some golf and nachos, we can wait another week on new firmware, I know they wine a lot, but really, we'll manage! :)

No. In fact I finished porting some of the Ares stuff to the II yesterday.
Thank you, Cliff! Would you share with us a rough timeframe as to when it'll at least be in Beta? Nothing concrete, just a guesstimate give or take a couple weeks.

Any chance whatsoever that maybe a small handful of the effects from the III could be ported to the II? At least for XL or XL+ owners? I'm asking primarily for the new/improved pitch tracking and the new tri-chorus. Or, whatever you think may/may not be possible. Even if only few bits, I would really appreciate it.

Of course I, like many others, will be moving to a III as soon as financially feasible but, I must admit, the II XL+ I have sounds killer so, I'm not overly motivated to abandon it. Especially considering what it cost me to get into the II XL+ just a touch over two years ago.

In any case, I thank you again for porting over what you already have and I think it will help stop the freefall on used II prices.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom