IR's of Instruments?

cemusic

Inspired
I looked in the wiki and found a topic about 'Impulse Responses of acoustic tones' with a *here* link, but the link just went to the top page of this Forum and I found nothing here with a search. Does anyone know what that page was, or, where to find this kind of IR in Axe FX format? (Or the right search terms to find them here?).

Thanks!

Search the forum for "acoustic IR".
Thanks. There are lots of questions there but few resources to get IRs

It must have been back in the Ultra days--it seemed like there were Axe comparable IRs of acoustic guitars, cellos, and all kinds if stuff floating around for the taking. Not seeing that now so much for Axe II format.

Searching "acoustic IR," I found these:

here's a preset I use with a piezo bridge pick-up. Just blend the straight preamp with the parallel cab block to taste. Also included the acoustic IR cab block by itself.

I put one together for myself which you may find useful. There's a thread to go with it and some helpful comments with IR suggestions.

Piezo/Acoustic preset and video

You could also search AxeChange.

The thing with acoustic IRs is that the results are highly dependent on what you start with. An IR that works with a humbucker won't sound the same when you're playing a sing-coil—or even when you're playing a different humbucker.

If you do a tone match with a dry recording of an acoustic, you'll get results tailored to your guitar.

Thanks for the response.

I was thinking about the Fishman Aura and thought I might be able to do something similar, with the right IR's.

I took an acoustic ir from a basic preset and it works wonders with humbuckers, the piezo and even both on :)

Back
Top Bottom