Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes to Midnight, Axe-Fx 2 v5.04

oacikgoz

Inspired
Last edited:
Good stuff! Guitars need some more "bite and bright" I think, but I guess that could be the pickups and/or some fiddling with eq

Keep rocking!

I love this song! Well done.

Actually I think it sounds really close. The guitars on the record dont have much bite either.

If you would be so kind to post the patch I would love to play with it for a while for fun :)
I love Iron Maiden hehe

Hi great patch....any chance of sharing The Still of The Night patch?

That's not my patch, it's a stock patch called "Farris Wheel" in Bank A. I did not even have to modify it. Unfortunately, after firmware v4, this patch sounds horrible. It was AWESOME before. I hope they do something about it.

thanks for the reply.....what about the Blackmore stuff ...Burn & Mistreated.... are they yours or stock patches?

That's not my patch, it's a stock patch called "Farris Wheel" in Bank A. I did not even have to modify it. Unfortunately, after firmware v4, this patch sounds horrible. It was AWESOME before. I hope they do something about it.
I'm wondering what happen to that patch as well. I hope they fix it the next firmware with updated presets. I really liked it, now it sounds really harsh.

They are mine, but they sound completely different now with the updates. I need to tweak them. Mistreated patch sounded damn close to Blackmore tone on California Jam. Not anymore :)

No problem...i thought you nailed both of those....if you ever get around to tweeking them ,would be keen to hear them again....thanks

Nice Job! This song brings back some serious Maiden memories in the late eighties. caught them on the "somewhere in time" tour. Use to listen to all the Maiden tapes over and over again with all my long haired chaps. At the time we all played pawn shop crap in the hopes of sounding like these guys. It was laughable! LOL My bassist was an artist and use to draw all the covers to perfection. Those were the days! My patients would laugh their asses off if they new this stuff. Once the Maiden bug bites you, it never lets go. Thanks for sharing!

Good tone, very close. Not sure what is "missing to make it more Maiden. I like that you edited out all the "bad" words. Couldn't Maiden have come up with better lyrics that did not have bad words in it like the Bible or Koran? It's like they copied them or something. Plagiarism???

Good tone, very close. Not sure what is "missing to make it more Maiden. I like that you edited out all the "bad" words. Couldn't Maiden have come up with better lyrics that did not have bad words in it like the Bible or Koran? It's like they copied them or something. Plagiarism???

LOL I didn't edit anything, the backing track came with some lyrics removed, I was surprised too.

cool patch !
thanks for sharing, it's given some insight on using some other amp models and cabs and overdrives that I always over look.
Nice job on the cover too, one of my favorite Maiden tunes!!!

Back
Top Bottom