Wish IR Player Block

Only Cliff knows, but I’m guessing that this will be a III-only bonus, perhaps one of several improvements that increased horsepower allows only on the flagship.

If the Ax8 gets all the III improvements they’d sell fewer III’s lol

Sometimes it’s not a question of can a feature be added, but one of if it makes business sense to add it.

In my business, a $5000 set of hearing aids uses the exact same hardware as a $2000 pair. Only difference is which feature sets are enabled in the software. They could make that lower end product do everything the expensive one does, but then why would you spend extra, right ?

Sometimes it’s not a question of can a feature be added, but one of if it makes business sense to add it.

In my business, a $5000 set of hearing aids uses the exact same hardware as a $2000 pair. Only difference is which feature sets are enabled in the software. They could make that lower end product do everything the expensive one does, but then why would you spend extra, right ?
True dat

The AX8 hardware is the limitation on this case. Cliff managed to port a bunch of modelling improvements from the III and improve switching times, while working around a bug inherent in the DSP chip, to deliver the Quantum 10 update so it's fair to say FAS deliver where a lot of companies wouldn't.

The AX8 hardware is the limitation on this case. Cliff managed to port a bunch of modelling improvements from the III and improve switching times, while working around a bug inherent in the DSP chip, to deliver the Quantum 10 update so it's fair to say FAS deliver where a lot of companies wouldn't.

For sure FAS gives way more than darn near any company I’ve ever dealt with. Most products are never updated at all. I certainly wasn’t implying they don’t. Just that at some point they may choose to not port over a feature, assuming it could be done hardware wise, as a business decision.

I think some people’s expectations are that anything and everything the III gets down the road should also come to the Ax8, unless there is a technical limitation. Can’t blame anyone for that, but at the same time, I wouldn’t hold it against Cliff to simply say “no, this feature is for the new $2499 and I’m not putting it in a $1100 unit”.

Got to do what is best for profitability and balance that with keeping a user base happy. Hard line to balance at times I’m sure.

Back
Top Bottom