iPad Air 1st Gen Mic Stand Mounts

Rich G.

Experienced
I'm in need of of a mic stand mount to hold an iPad Air 1st Gen. The iPad will have a Griffin Survivor (non-slim) case and I don't want to take the case on/off to use the mount. Anyone have recommendations? I've seen them between $7 and $100 and there are tons to choose from. Many look like they won't work with the case on.

I'm in need of of a mic stand mount to hold an iPad Air 1st Gen. The iPad will have a Griffin Survivor (non-slim) case and I don't want to take the case on/off to use the mount. Anyone have recommendations? I've seen them between $7 and $100 and there are tons to choose from. Many look like they won't work with the case on.
I have not seen a stand mount "holder" that is designed to work with a case attached.. they mostly seem to require the device alone... and are fitted accordingly. The 3 we have in my current band do not allow cases.

With the ever changing shape of devices today, you want an adjustable mount. The one I linked fits almost anything out there now. I use it with an iPad mini without the additional bar - I just use the spring-loaded clamp area. Bigger devices need that additional bar.

https://on-stage.com/products/view/117470

I use this. Has a little sleeve inside to fit any gen iPad. You can use an insert to make up for the bulk or lack of bulk to fit any full-size iPad with ease. Also has a ball swivel, to adjust angle. The case is durable and can take a beating. I've had drunks tip over my mic stand knocking this over and my iPads have never taken any damage.

Over 4 years of use, with about 4-5 nights a week of gigs. Great tool.

Back
Top Bottom