Intermittent silence switching presets with MFC since V10

That's why I think it's more than just an X-Y issue. I have checked all my presets and the Y state is either already set up or has a Bassman at default values (drive, etc at 5).
If the dropout issue happens again I'll check the values and see what the settings are.

Ok, what I saw is documented above and I can avoid it, but why it occurred to begin with was odd.

Any more info is always useful.

Thought I had it fixed by resetting and upgrade of 10.05, but yesterday in church I went from preset 9 "organic" to preset 10 "clean" in the same bank and 10 had no sound. Had to click a different preset quick and come back to 10 and had sound then. Not sure what to try now:(

Thought I had it fixed by resetting and upgrade of 10.05, but yesterday in church I went from preset 9 "organic" to preset 10 "clean" in the same bank and 10 had no sound. Had to click a different preset quick and come back to 10 and had sound then. Not sure what to try now:(

Can you take a look at the preset that had no sound and see if the amp had switched to Y as described above ?

If it is that the simplest workaround would be to copy the amp x type and settings to y.

Can you take a look at the preset that had no sound and see if the amp had switched to Y as described above ?

If it is that the simplest workaround would be to copy the amp x type and settings to y.
No the actual amp 1 is prince tone 2 and it came onto 59 bassguy on amp 1 and was silent??

What we are referring to is the X-Y state of the amp seems to be changing from the X state to the Y state. Check on the preset to see if the Y state on amp 1 is the 59Bassguy. If it is, check to see what level the drive, bass, mid, and treble are set to. Refer back earlier in this thread for a screen shot of the values all set to zero.
If they are set to the default value of 5, it means something else is going on, but we are getting closer to figuring out what the bug actually is.

What we are referring to is the X-Y state of the amp seems to be changing from the X state to the Y state. Check on the preset to see if the Y state on amp 1 is the 59Bassguy. If it is, check to see what level the drive, bass, mid, and treble are set to. Refer back earlier in this thread for a screen shot of the values all set to zero.
If they are set to the default value of 5, it means something else is going on, but we are getting closer to figuring out what the bug actually is.
Yes it is 59 bassguy and drive, bass, mid and treble are at 5. FYI, I have 2 Axe units and 2 Mfc 101's and they both have the same problem, if that helps.

Thought it solves a different bug related to XY switching, I might suggest you install MFC-101 firmware v2.17 (released just now).

Check the Y-side Level, too. If it's set to -80 dB, there's your problem.
The y-side level is set to 0dB. I have never used xy switching or ever set up the y-side amp. It looks like 59 bassguy is the y-amp on all my presets. I'll try the new 2.17 upgrade on MFC and see how that works out.

The y-side level is set to 0dB. I have never used xy switching or ever set up the y-side amp. It looks like 59 bassguy is the y-amp on all my presets. I'll try the new 2.17 upgrade on MFC and see how that works out.
Keep us posted...

I have been experiencing the same issue and I don't use the MFC at all. I use a Voodoo Labs GCP instead. I have the Fractal set to communicate on Midi Channel 3. Sometimes I get no sound at first when I select the preset. Sometimes I get sound then after a 1/2 second or so I get a drop-out. Its very annoying. I have the latest firmware, but I believe this way happening before I upgraded the firmware. I saw in this thread that there might be an correlation between the preset construction and the problem. I think there might be something to this since it happens on certain presets and not others. I do some more research. I've been playing around with a bunch of connection configuration trying to integrate my Fractal as a multi-effects unit with my other other while using the Fractal of FRFR monitors on other songs as a stand-alone rig. I'm abandoning that now.

Ugh. It happened again at my latest gig. So embarrassing when you go to play and nothing comes out. I'm just going to have to routinely test my guitar's output before each song by "scratching". So annoying!

Ugh. It happened again at my latest gig. So embarrassing when you go to play and nothing comes out. I'm just going to have to routinely test my guitar's output before each song by "scratching". So annoying!

Yes, it just happened again to me at church. Missed a measure or two until I got it switched back to work. I'm on all updated versions.

Hi

Just received my LF+JR+ midi controller and I get exactly the same issue when sending a PC message to cycle through the presets - Has anyone worked out how to avoid this amp switching. The bassman located in the Y amp model has the level set at -80db on mine as default?

Last edited:
Hi

Just received my LF+JR+ midi controller and I get exactly the same issue when sending a PC message to cycle through the presets - Has anyone worked out how to avoid this amp switching. The bassman located in the Y amp model has the level set at -80db on mine as default?

I responded on your post on the FAMC forum too.

Make sure you update the Axe Fx to firmware 10.09 and the Liquid Foot firm 3.13

I was having a problem similar to yours with the firmwares between 10.0 to 10.05 and at that time, liquid foot was running firmare in the 2.0 range (I cant remember exactly).

please update and try It again.

Hi

Thanks for the reply in both forums - I can confirm Firmware 3.13 on the LF+ and 10.09 on the Axe are installed and the problem persists.

I have about 65 presets and I only had this issue with 2 of my presets that were created with firmware 9.02.

I deleted those presets by pulling a factory preset from the 100's and moving it to overwrite my preset. I saved it. Then I recreated that preset from scratch. The problem went away.

Here's how my problem manifested itself: if I powered on my rack and went to the song, the very first time I would have no sound. I could leave that preset and come back to it, and have sound. I could then count on it having sound for the rest of that period, unless I powered down and up again. It only happened (amp y being recalled) the very first time I tried that preset, after a power up. I mean, I could power up, play for 3 hours, avoiding that song the whole time, but then the first time I went to that song, I would have no sound, unless I left it again and came back to it a second time. Then I could play for 5 hours and leave and come back to that preset and it ALWAYS worked properly.

After I overwrote my old presets and recreated them, I havent had an issue again.

Are you presets from previous firmware generations? Again, most of mine were, but I only had the trouble with 2 of them.

Back
Top Bottom