Intermittent silence still occurring since V10

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
Several f/w updates later and I am still having this issue. (Intermittent output loss when changing presets.) This invariably occurs at shows when I'm using my MFC (and in any case I always have my MFC connected, even at home) so I have not been able to determine whether it's an Axe problem or an MFC problem. I know I'm not the only one who's been experiencing this, so I really thought that by now something would have been done about it.

I have recently updated to 10.09 so we'll see if that makes any difference. :/

We have no other reports of this. Try to collect as much data as you can to help us isolate the problem. Try disconnecting the MFC and changing presets via the front panel to see if the issue persists. If it does, send us the suspect presets.

This probably isn't the cause of your issue but I have this happen with certain patches with a volume block. I'll swithc to the patch and no output. When I rock my expression pedal associated to the cvolume block I get output.

My experience on this has been when presets were created in version 9 and earlier. Some of them are finicky after the upgrade to V10's. If the presets giving you this problem were created in previous firmwares, I recommend deleting the amp block, save the preset, then put the amp block back in and reprogramming the amp.

What was happening to me, was my presets would load with the Y state of the amp, even though I had saved scene 1 with the X amp active. It only happened on a two old presets. In both cases, Bassman 59 was the Y amp, and the master volume was set to zero, because the songs I was using those two presets were basic and I only needed Amp X.

This has been happening to me as well. Frustrating when you're on stage and nothing comes out of your amp on your solo entrance.

rodzimguitar68... That's a great observation. Next time this happens, I will have to check to see if it loads Amp Y.

My experience on this has been when presets were created in version 9 and earlier. Some of them are finicky after the upgrade to V10's. If the presets giving you this problem were created in previous firmwares, I recommend deleting the amp block, save the preset, then put the amp block back in and reprogramming the amp.

What was happening to me, was my presets would load with the Y state of the amp, even though I had saved scene 1 with the X amp active. It only happened on a two old presets. In both cases, Bassman 59 was the Y amp, and the master volume was set to zero, because the songs I was using those two presets were basic and I only needed Amp X.

I haven't had this issue reoccur since I did as you suggested with problematic presets. However, I have still experienced random X to Y switching. This was using a brand new preset created using Fw11.0b, loading the preset using the MFC.

Back
Top Bottom