interesting... rackmount concepts.... headcases/ FR speakers

steveb

Inspired
stumbled onto these guys. I know nothing about them personallby, but it looks like they have some stuff that might be interesting to processor users:

http://rackmountconcepts.tripod.com/

1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Re: interesting... rackmount concepts.... headcases/ FR spea

Picture 3 with the 2x12's, 2x8's(?) and horns looks like just the kind of thing Im after at the moment. Some interesting stuff, especially the mini cabs with the Rockmans on.....Food for thought, thanks for posting!!

good find...thanks for posting...looks like a very traditional head with 4x12 which is great...wonder how their cabinet sounds

Really like the concept but it doesn't look like there is any type of cover for the front or back. You'd still need to put this stuff in a case to protect it.

Has anyone tried any of these speaker cabinets with the Axe FX?

Vinnie at Rackmount Concepts is great to work with. His work is next to no other and the prices are more than reasonable. Although I haven't played through one yet, I have been told by a couple of people their "Rock-o-matic" 3-way cabinets rock. Gunnar Nelson just received a rig from them and loves it.

Well, it seems like they are actually doing stuff these days. I got in touch with them a couple of years ago (their site was mentioned on the old AxeFx message boards, and I think my design might have been in there too).

After going back and forth with Vinnie (actually more me emailing him over and over and then he finally got back to me - he was doing a big run of cases for Tom Scholz at the time) he liked my idea, but told me that they weren't going to be doing any custom work. They were just going to stick with their current design (which was one design - just the simple rack case), and he couldn't help me. Fast forward to now and they are doing custom work. If you look at this page:

http://rackmountconcepts.tripod.com/index-4.html

and look at the one that looks like a marshall head. My design was similar to that, but the form factor of a short-head, and the top part (the face plate) could swivel out of the way. I also asked about custom tolex colors too.

It would have been nice if he had contacted me to let me know that they had grown enough to start doing custom work, but oh well. I think I'm gonna have to contact him now and see what his prices are running. It looks like real quality stuff.

Thanks for reposting this and jogging my memory.

Wow. Ok, after looking some more, they actually make a product that was MY design! Even down to the number of rack spaces... maybe thats why they never got back to me... :x

Go here:
http://rackmountconcepts.tripod.com/index-1.html

On the left-hand side where all of the thumbnails are, click on the right arrow right below them once. Its the one in the middle on the third row. A Black short head.

Here is the original thread from 2 1/2 years ago, and even has the mockup pictures that I ended up sending to rackmount concepts!

http://www.setbb.com/axefx/viewtopic.ph ... orum=axefx

Wow, this could be the answer to my dream of having a more powerful FRFR 2x12 Power Engine.

I like the 412 with the coaxial drivers, that has to sound Huge!

Love the "Marshall" head (rack) cab in green levant with
salt and pepper grille. What a great gimick to have on stage!

Steveb,
Is that a 2x12 combo with FRFR ?? I WANT !!

Vinnie tried to close RMC in late 2008 due to the slow economy (and a depressing day gig), but life is dynamic and situations change, and he's up and running in 2010. He's open to custom work as time allows.

He does make some nice shiznit!

Hope this helps!

After going back and forth with Vinnie (actually more me emailing him over and over and then he finally got back to me - he was doing a big run of cases for Tom Scholz at the time) he liked my idea, but told me that they weren't going to be doing any custom work. They were just going to stick with their current design (which was one design - just the simple rack case), and he couldn't help me. Fast forward to now and they are doing custom work.

Years ago, I saw "Boston" in Hershey,Pa. This was when both Brad Delp and Fran Cosmo were onstage together. I couldn't help noticing all the Scholtz Rockmodule stuff mounted in 'large' amp heads identical to these. Haven't seen them since (well, before I read this thread anyway).

Hey everyone...First off gotta say I was really excited when I read this post about a month ago. So excited I contacted Rackmount concepts to build a 412 style cab 3-way FRFR like a photo on their website. After some initial confusion we figured out what I needed and kept in contact....

Now for the not exciting part. I naturally wanted to know what speakers Vincent would be using to make my cab (2 12", 2 8" and 2 tweeters). He told me what 12" he would use...he did not specify the other speakers. Then I asked him what kind of crossovers he used...he said Dayton and Eminence crossovers. I asked what specific one he would use in this design. he got me some specs...

I look up these details and can only find Parts Express crossovers. I ask him if this is what he will use or if I am missing something?

He backs out of the project with little to no explaination!

I will post the emails later...I don't want to see someone get screwed over by this guy! I mean I didn't even care how long it took to make (as I have a current live setup). Anyways buyer beware...Anyone know of another manufacturer of these types of FRFR setups??

Let me know your thoughts guys! PS IM ADDICTED TO THIS FORUM!! :geek:

I wouldn't be comfortable ordering without knowing what parts are going to go into the cab. Very strange on his part.

I know. I thought it was definetly weird. I live in Canada too so it was extra annoying. Very unprofessional.

Back
Top Bottom