Interesting discovery...

There's a global parameter for amp gain, I don't remember the name off the top of my head. Have you checked that?
No, but I am at this point, convinced that the differences are in the AMP and Speaker. One setup is a (FX XL +) GTX1000 through a Mesa 4 x 12 Recto cab...and the other is a (AX8) Blackstar 40 watt tube amp combo running through a 1 x 12. Assuming that the 2 Fractal units sound the same...it can't be anything else. Global settings are pretty much the same on both the AX8 and the FX XL II

No, but I am at this point, convinced that the differences are in the AMP and Speaker. One setup is a (FX XL +) GTX1000 through a Mesa 4 x 12 Recto cab...and the other is a (AX8) Blackstar 40 watt tube amp combo running through a 1 x 12. Assuming that the 2 Fractal units sound the same...it can't be anything else. Global settings are pretty much the same on both the AX8 and the FX XL II
I'm curious what XL sounds like in the BlackStar 40 return after you compensate for volume changes.

Power source and speaker will have a massive impact on tone and response. One drawback to using an amps FX return or input, is it will make most amp models sound fairly indentile. I was using a Mesa 2:50 and 412 with my Ultra, and while the tone and dynamics were amazing, every amp model sounded like a Mesa.

Using a FRFR setup is going to allow the FAS curcuit emulation to do it's job, and then I would guess the two units would sound almost identicle.

Back
Top Bottom