Integration of Two Notes products

RackAddict

Previous handle "Djenter"
I finally got to try two notes cab sim technology as opposed to listening to people's youtube compare videos which have for example a two notes cab m and a mooer radar through junk converters and then you cannot accurately compare things buried under a junk blanket.
I tried out their wall of sound plug-in and the cab-m.
My verdict is that I haven't heard any other cabs impulse engines that even come close to two notes. I don't know how some people manage to make them sound that lifeless on youtube but its prolly a combination of very bad a to d conversion and not knowing what they are doing.
With that being said, could anyone please tell me about your experience with integrating two notes products such as the live with the axe fx 3?

In addition, I have a request for fractal to integrate their technology into the Axe fx 3. Or I guess 4 when that comes out.

People may laugh at this but fryette, marshall, and diezel and even friedman are doing collaborations with Sigma Amps for those modules.

For now, can someone comment on the quality of the conversion of the send and returns of the axe 3? Are they top notch like the ones at the inputs and outputs? Are they fully transparent? If so then it would prolly be worth a try to run a two notes in there.

Last edited:
The beyerdynamic M160 original vintage mic sim in the two notes wall of sound for example has that deep deep sound and airiness to it. I know what that mic sounds like and that thing was very proper and really high resolution.

There we go again. You are way too hooked on the A/D conversion stuff etc. etc. Stop obsessing. Make music.

There we go again. You are way too hooked on the A/D conversion stuff etc. etc. Stop obsessing. Make music.

You do not understand the point of this which was 1) inquiry on optimal connectivity and integration between the two brand of product 2) the fact that the two notes cab modeling is lught years better sounding than any of the impulse responses available on the market to buy and perhaps even 3) that you cannot get a valid compare on products from listening to products patched in through nonsense. So whether this is about conversion or not is beyond my control. I guess its imperative.

As for connectivity, if anyone wants to actually respond to what I actually asked, I was wondering if anyone uses two notes products with the axe fx and how they do so, and also am wondering if they would work well together via spdif.

Thanks

And furthermore, when differences are light years then its not about obsession its about ensuring integration with what is absolutely a need.

Last edited:
I use the wall of sound plug-in.
I have alo tried my friend's cab-m on some EV mains giving it amp sound from an HX stomp.
These IR's are on another level entirely.

So you can hear junk convertors on YouTube, even with their compression and other "enhancements" ?
For now, can someone comment on the quality of the conversion of the send and returns of the axe 3? Are they top notch like the ones at the inputs and outputs?
There are no 'send and returns', only inputs and outputs. Lots of them though, all great quality and very flexible to use how you like.

So, yes they are "like the ones at the inputs and outputs"

The quality of the A/D and D/A converters when capturing IRs is unimportant. When using a sine sweep (as everyone does now) the distortion and noise are reduced dramatically. I would wager that even an 8-bit converter would yield results indistinguishable from the finest converters.

If it matters the converters in the Axe-Fx III are exceptionally high quality. What most people don't understand is that the converters themselves are only part of the story. The analog electronics interfacing to the converters are at least as important if not more so. Many consumer grade products (our competitors included) use single-ended circuitry. To get the best performance from an A/D or D/A converter requires using balanced circuitry but that costs twice as much. Also the choice of components will affect the performance. We use balanced circuitry on all our inputs and outputs all the way to and from the converters. We also use premium op-amps and poly film capacitors in crucial locations. Most consumer gear uses single-ended circuitry and low-cost TL07x op-amps (or NE5532). The conversion in the Axe-Fx III is reference grade.

The M160 is a good mic but there are better ribbon mics. My personal favorite is the KSM313. It's more balanced and has better high frequency response. I haven't tried the KSM353 yet but I imagine it's even better.

Back
Top Bottom