Input Select

TubeByter

Input select in AxeEdit
I'm using the Axe for both keyboards (Hammond B3 on a Mac via USB in to Fractal, great tube tone for the Hammond) plus guitar onstage.
So I'm switching between USB in (Keys) and Analog/front panel in (guitar) constantly. Requires crouching down back at the Axe in the rack everytime to switch.

I would LOVE to have the ability to switch between inputs in Axe Edit, which I have in front of me onstage on my iPad.

Thanks for your consideration.

Sorry I should have been clearer. I'm running a Mac Mini and using Duet software to use the ipad as the main and only screen for the Mac. Duet works great.

Sounds like a neat setup, I need to look more into this. Do you use any foot pedals for your keys/mac rig?

Sounds like a neat setup, I need to look more into this. Do you use any foot pedals for your keys/mac rig?

Yes, I've spend some time and have finally gotten a setup that works really well for my needs. This isn't really the thread to discuss my keyboard setup, but on the other hand, Axe FX is an integral part of it. If you want to private message me, I can send you a drawing of my setup and details. I highly recommend Axe FX for keyboard players, the tube simulations are perfect for Rhodes and B3, the FX are second to none (other than Leslie, sorry, the Ventilator still wins that war), and the flexibility is well suited to keys as well.

TB

Interesting... Maybe I should revisit that comparison. I did do a side-by-side and the Ventilator just had more depth and dimension, the Fractal still seemed more like a Doppler/pan effect. But I'll have some fun and do a closer look. I sure would love to not have to haul that one extra pedal around!
I wonder if Cliff could 'G3' a pedal directly?

I'm away from my Axe-FX for a week and a half and have been digging through the PDF manual but can't ascertain whether the input select function can be set per preset. It appears that this is a global parameter but am hoping to be able to change the input on a per patch basis.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I run my Roland GK-equipped guitar into effects return on the backside of the Axe. I made presets that starts with the effects loop. That way I can switch presets for my normal guitar and for my GK-guitar.

You should be able to do the same with your keyboard.

Are you stating that you are running a GK-equipped guitar through a processor of some sort (which one) and then into the FX returns (which inputs? #2?)?

I'd really like to connect my VG-99 to the Axe-FX and then use my Mastermind GT to control everything. I'd also like to keep I/O #2 open for possible expansion.

Can the rear panel #1 input be used for the VG-99 without having to sacrifice the front panel input? I'd really like to run my normal guitar output into the front panel and switch to the back panel for VG-99 use on a 'per preset' basis.

Does anyone have any experience with a setup that is similar to this?

Can the rear panel #1 input be used for the VG-99 without having to sacrifice the front panel input? I'd really like to run my normal guitar output into the front panel and switch to the back panel for VG-99 use on a 'per preset' basis.
Plug your VG-99 into the right jack of Input 1 in the rear of your Axe, and set Input 1 Mode to L+R SUM. (You'll have to set Global Amp Gain to +6 dB to keep your gain structure intact.)

Now your Axe will process whichever signal you're feeding it.

If you want to get fancy, you can put any block with an input select at the start of the grid, and set up separate chains for your magnetic pickups and your VG-99. Then you can play both at once!

I'll give the FX Return approach a try. The maintaining of stereo imaging is required for my needs. Thanks, guys.:encouragement:

Are you stating that you are running a GK-equipped guitar through a processor of some sort (which one) and then into the FX returns (which inputs? #2?)?

I'd really like to connect my VG-99 to the Axe-FX and then use my Mastermind GT to control everything. I'd also like to keep I/O #2 open for possible expansion.

Does anyone have any experience with a setup that is similar to this?

Not to hijack the thread, I have been considering getting a VG-99 to run with my recently acquired Godin LGX-SA. I was REALLY interested to find an owner's perspective on it, and most specifically with an eye on how well the guitar->MIDI tracking works. I intend to drive external MIDI instruments with it. Any input you could provide would be invaluable! You can PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom