Input lights blink briefly after FM9 is shut down

Valgua

Inspired
Hi!

I am loving my FM9 and love can sometimes lead to paranoia.
I have noticed that a few seconds (about five or so) after turning off the FM9 a few of the input lights flash faintly and I think that I hear a weak ”thud” in the headphone. I probably never saw it happen on the FM3 becausa I usually turn off, unplug the guitar and call it a day, but a word of reassurance would be nice.

Edit: they just flash once before going dead.

could be related to hardware initialization, firmware setting up AD/DA converters and such. Same during power off, at a certain voltage level the hardware will enter a halt state to prevent data corruption and code going havoc. Nothing to worry about.

could be related to hardware initialization, firmware setting up AD/DA converters and such. Same during power off, at a certain voltage level the hardware will enter a halt state to prevent data corruption and code going havoc. Nothing to worry about.
Thanks! It actually happening after turning off (not on) the unit. Just a small blink.

Hi!

I am loving my FM9 and love can sometimes lead to paranoia.
I have noticed that a few seconds (about five or so) after turning off the FM9 a few of the input lights flash faintly and I think that I hear a weak ”thud” in the headphone. I probably never saw it happen on the FM3 becausa I usually turn off, unplug the guitar and call it a day, but a word of reassurance would be nice.

Edit: they just flash once before going dead.

I just tried it and mine does it too. After a few seconds a brief flash of a couple of the input LEDs combined with a small thump in my powered speakers which I'd left powered on. I guess it's normal behaviour.

Tired Giving Up GIF

I just tried it and mine does it too. After a few seconds a brief flash of a couple of the input LEDs combined with a small thump in my powered speakers which I'd left powered on. I guess it's normal behaviour.
Well, doh. If you don't power down your speakers first, of course there's a thud. Sorry to have to break it to you, buddy. ;)

Reactions: JTI
Well, doh. If you don't power down your speakers first, of course there's a thud. Sorry to have to break it to you, buddy. ;)
That I knew. 😉 My concern was the blinking of the lights. Also, this thud is not the one you hear in the same instant you turn of the device with the speakers on. It occurs a few seconds later and is much weaker. However, the explanations I got so far make a lot of sense.

That I knew. 😉 My concern was the blinking of the lights. Also, this thud is not the one you hear in the same instant you turn of the device with the speakers on. It occurs a few seconds later and is much weaker. However, the explanations I got so far make a lot of sense.
Yup. It's likely the capacitors discharging within the circuit.

Back
Top Bottom