Input light question

mesaboog

Inspired
Just a quick question for you guys regarding input level. I have always set my input as suggested to just tickle the red. On one of my guitars, in order to do this my input knob is 3 and 4 o'clock. This seems really high to me. This is with a Dimarzio Super Distortion 3 bridge HB pup.

Just checking in with guys here to see if there are others who are needing to crank the input up so high to get the appropriate level. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Scott

mesaboog said:
Just a quick question for you guys regarding input level. I have always set my input as suggested to just tickle the red. On one of my guitars, in order to do this my input knob is 3 and 4 o'clock. This seems really high to me. This is with a Dimarzio Super Distortion 3 bridge HB pup.

Just checking in with guys here to see if there are others who are needing to crank the input up so high to get the appropriate level. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Scott

yes, it's not uncommon to have to crank the input level. With some pickups you may even never make the led go red.

It could be my imagination, but it seems like after 9.x firmware I can turn up the input gain a bit more to get the same response with the red led.

tubetonez said:
It could be my imagination, but it seems like after 9.x firmware I can turn up the input gain a bit more to get the same response with the red led.

It's your imagination. The input gain and LEDS are not software controlled.

Back
Top Bottom