Input front vs rear.

Hello.

Is this still an issue? Will there be a fix or do i have to install an extra jack for getting the front to work in the back with wireless? Is there a way in the software to get the "special sauce or juice" from the rare input or is it dedicated for loop FX only?

/Christian B

But there is certainly a difference! Its in many posts.. the front is made for guitar, the rear for looping.

Not just for looping. you can use it for any line level signal input 1 or 2. Also, if you need a stereo signal in. There are plenty of wireless units that put out line level signals.

The special sauce (a soft limiter and high freq noise reducer) is hard wired to the front input.

You are talking about an XL I presume? There is a lower noise floor on the front jack. I can hear the difference clearly (hey... I made a pun!)

I run my input cable from my wireless through a small gap in the bottom of my rack to the front input. Works great. I've also seen people who use interface panels just leave a blank hole for passing a cable through. All that said, I would really have no problem at all using rear input 1. It works fine, and really just like most any other input you would use. The front input on the XL just has an extra low noise floor and it is a nice enhancement. Not a deal breaker though, especially for live use.

In the recording environment, I think it's fantastic. I love it for both, but in reality I doubt you would notice the difference in a live setting, as there are so many other sources of noise.

I use my g90 plugged into rear input1 with 0 problems. I has an xlr to 1/4 cable made for me so I can use the xlr out of g90. Love this set up

I have a standard 2. There is a difference. The front panel is a "instrument input" as the rear is a "loop" or a standard input that should be transparent with use of effects only. i Think i will mod my rack to use a Cable in front.

I have a standard 2. There is a difference. The front panel is a "instrument input" as the rear is a "loop" or a standard input that should be transparent with use of effects only. i Think i will mod my rack to use a Cable in front.

So can you actually hear a difference or have you read that there is one?

Is this still an issue? Will there be a fix or do i have to install an extra jack for getting the front to work in the back with wireless? Is there a way in the software to get the "special sauce or juice" from the rare input or is it dedicated for loop FX only?

But there is certainly a difference! Its in many posts.. the front is made for guitar, the rear for looping.

It's amazing how this topic comes up every time….

Dudes out there, try it instead of read about it and let your ears decide.

I'm using my G50 on the rear, its exactly as in the front!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom