Input differences, Different volume level. How to change the rear?

racetra

Inspired
What is the deal with the front and rear inputs as far as levels. I tried to use the rear input but the volume was waay different. I couldn't find any way to change it. I didn't have the manual or my computer handy so I thought I would axe here.

If I can get the rear to sound the same as the front, I won't have to have any cables in the front.

Thanks
T

The front has the "secret sauce".
It's a super low noise optimized input for guitars.
It will sound warmer and more pleasant,
In my experience you can NOT make the rear sound the same!
(Warrning, Jay might pop in here any moment to dispute me.... let your ears be the judge!)

:p

Turn it up. It's the same input knob that you use to adjust the front input.

Front input is designed for instrument level. Rear is designed for line level. Use the front connector with your guitars and pedals, unless you have a line driver.

Both the front and rear inputs can handle both line- and instrument-level signals. The front input has some extra noise reduction, and it runs a few dB hotter. When the Axe's inputs are configured right, both inputs have the same response: flat.

For sure .the Rear sounds weaker than the front.Kind of a bummer because I like the tidy look of all my cables in the back. Oh well.

Both the front and rear inputs can handle both line- and instrument-level signals. The front input has some extra noise reduction, and it runs a few dB hotter. When the Axe's inputs are configured right, both inputs have the same response: flat.

Where do you configure that from. Maybe it was a volume thing but the rear sounded a little warmer to me...Not so brash.

It's on the I/O menu, MODE page. If you're using the rear inputs, set the mode to "Analog Rear." If you have it set the other way, the highs will be rolled off.

Back
Top Bottom