Input 2 puzzle

slinky005

Power User
I'm completely baffled as to why I am having this problem:
I have setup a grid where I can plug my iPad into the axe and play along.
Works perfectly.
I also need to use another patch where I am plugging my guitar into input 2 using the same fxloop block at the beginning of the chain.
Doesn't work.
Why is it working with iPad and not guitar?

9eb4fc8d-7ec7-4f40-9158-33f6cdcb829c_zpsbeoqhks5.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have the levels turned up in the FX Block?

Also, if it works in one patch but not the other, try going to the patch that it doesn't work in and import that effect from the other patch.

Basically my test was to plug in the iPad input 2, then plug in the guitar input 2 in the same patch (image above).
iPad works, guitar shows no input level.

are you sure you're plugging the guitar into the Input 2 jack? does the guitar output sound when you use Input 1 jack?

Which input 2 jack: left or right? Be sure to use In 2L for a single mono source (guitar). You'd probably want to use "left only" for input 2 mode.

The guitar output should be Much lower that the line/headphone level of you iPad?

Going into input 2 Left. Using "left only" in the setup.
Checked which jack I was going into several times as I also thought that was the issue.
Acoustic guitar pickup is enough to see the input LEDs activate but they do not.

I'm going to ask some obvious questions:
Have you tried another guitar cable?
Have you tried another guitar?
Is guitar active or passive?

Going into input 2 Left. Using "left only" in the setup.
Checked which jack I was going into several times as I also thought that was the issue.
Acoustic guitar pickup is enough to see the input LEDs activate but they do not.
the volume from an iPad is WAY louder than a guitar typically.

what is that Filter block doing in the preset? try turning it way up when using the guitar. hear anything?

the volume from an iPad is WAY louder than a guitar typically.

what is that Filter block doing in the preset? try turning it way up when using the guitar. hear anything?
The reason the filter block is there is to bump up the volume of the iPad.
Keep in mind my acoustic output doesn't need the filter block to get a signal.
This used to work for me many months ago but I have no idea what is different now.
One thing I forgot to mention is I want it to output to out 1.

Last edited:
i'm away from my axe all day, but can you upload that preset? i have to see what's going on in there to help further.

I'm going to ask some obvious questions:
Have you tried another guitar cable?
Have you tried another guitar?
Is guitar active or passive?
Same cable works in input 1. Standard passive pickups.

*Update: Went to plug back into input 1, cable didn't work.
Tried a different cable in input 2 and all is good in the world.
Thx guys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom