Inexpensive floor controller?

Riley

I've had my Ultra a couple months now and LOVE it. But right now I do everything manually on the editor or Axe itself. I really want a floor controller that won't break the bank, and allow me to do both switch patches and be able to turn on and off various 'pedals' within the patch, like delay or OD, etc. Any suggestions that aren't over $500?

whirlwind beat me to it....

The Behringer FCB1010 comes to mind. (very inexpensive, and enough features).
You can also consider it with the UNO chip. Google for info

Marco

Ground Control Pro is about 400-ish? Fractal is working on one that was aimed at 600-ish and it looks good. I think they aimed low, though. It might turn out more expensive.

I have an FCB1010 UnO as well. Love it! 5 preset switches, 5 "stompbox" switches (IAs), two pedals and bank up/down. They go for way below 100 on the 'bay. This one was at 70, 4 hrs before closing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Behringer-FCB1010-M ... 7C294%3A50

Don't really need them as such, but I would like some more IA's. Just so I could have buttons specifically for every fx and not one buttons do different fx in different presets. But the next thing out there is like triple the cost.
Maybe I should get another fcb, it's got midi-merge...

+1 for Behringer FCB1010 Uno. Works excellent, has two expression pedals integrated, can be programmed via PC, very flexible, can switch channels on a real amp. Perfect.

For that price the obvious choice is the Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro at $399.99.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=153511

p_gcontrolpro_lg.jpg

Thanks folks. I ended up going with the GCP unit for $399 plus an expression pedal. Should be here in a two days, then I gotta learn how to set it up with my Ultra. :shock: I'm new to midi, so it's gonna be a trip. :lol:

I got my FCB + UnO for $10 (cost of UnO). I bought a bundle of gear & sold most of it except for the FCB & I ended up making money.

Now I think I need to replace it because of my plugging in a DC plug. :( Worked great with an AC plug & phantom powered even.

Back
Top Bottom