AFIII In the Shadows

ChrisAngela1

Inspired
This is a bit more ambient/chillwave vibe using mostly clean channels, my favorite clean being the Austin Buddy's Electricin2Acoustic, clear and versatile. Beginning at 2:04 I used the Vintage Delay block to create harmonized dotted eight note volume swells, I've always loved that technique used by Steve Stevens, Pat Thrall, and others. I believe the distorted guitar near the end is the Friedman BE V1, a favorite for sure. Curious what you think, I realize it's a little out there instrumental wise, essentially I like to make backing tracks for practice and chilling out! Cheers!

Wow, that was just for practice!? Really cool production overall! I don't normally go for this style but enjoyed yours a lot!

Curious how you did the video too, that must have taken some time to put together. Very nice!!

Wow, that was just for practice!? Really cool production overall! I don't normally go for this style but enjoyed yours a lot!

Curious how you did the video too, that must have taken some time to put together. Very nice!!
You're most kind! I'm actually more rock oriented, but I really love some of the Chillwave/Synthwave instrumental stuff out there. More for chilling at the end of the day! And yes, I scour YouTube for Creative Common videos that seem to have the concept I want to get across that I have in my head:) I then spend a bit of time using iMovie to piece it all together to try and have it flow to the music:)

Love it! Especially the dotted eight delay swellings. Would you be willing to share the patch? I'd appreciate that very much.
Congrats!
I will look for the patch, sadly I did this song 6 months or so ago and I don't write down the specifics of what I used (though I should!). Really, any good digital delay (Stereo/Vintage, etc) with the dotted eight notes setup should work. The hard part is the timing with the guitar volume pot, I had to use a specific guitar because it worked smoothest for the rapid volume changes (Ibanez JS2450). Glad you like!

Back
Top Bottom