In the Cavern of Zen - A place with too much Reverb.... :)

Jens

Power User
Hi Axers!

Messing around with the AX8 and enjoying an overdose of Reverb.

Dare I say noodling in a sort of A minor Dorian? Free improvisations certainly have their place. I stay close to the Dorian sound but there are a few side steps as well.

Hope you like it!

Jens

cool!

i was fooled, because the ones of those i've seen have the selector switch on the bottom horn...

Reverb so sweet it makes you want to eat it!! Nice playing too!

That sounds like the South Church reverb; altho maybe not cos you mention the word Cavern in the title...?

Reverb so sweet it makes you want to eat it!! Nice playing too!

That sounds like the South Church reverb; altho maybe not cos you mention the word Cavern in the title...?
It's actually a slightly modified version of the Large Cathedral setting. I just had the Cavern associtation when I listened to the recording..

Jens

Nice! I have been looking at a Hollow body just can't decide which one I want :(.
The Japanese 70's models from Ibanez and Yamaha are really good instruments for relatively little money. This one is a '77 Japanese Ibanesze.

And stay tuned! I am hopefully getting a "new" one later this week!

Jens

The Japanese 70's models from Ibanez and Yamaha are really good instruments for relatively little money. This one is a '77 Japanese Ibanesze.

And stay tuned! I am hopefully getting a "new" one later this week!

Jens
I used to own a Ibanez semi hollow body from the mid 80's, can't remember what model it was exactly maybe an AS200... it had the castel style headstock but it played and sounded great! one of those guitars I wished I had kept.

I used to own a Ibanez semi hollow body from the mid 80's, can't remember what model it was exactly maybe an AS200... it had the castel style headstock but it played and sounded great! one of those guitars I wished I had kept.
Could very well be an AS200, the Scofield model :) The AS200 could be a bit expensive by now since it is famous. It can be worthwhile checking if you can find the signature guitar from Lee Ritenour. THey are supposed to be really good and a much cheaper.

I've discovered I like the necks that are more similar to the 60's ES335 necks. That's also what is on mine.

Jens

Back
Top Bottom