In praise of LT TV Mix #2

Do these LT mixes need Hi/Lo Cuts or is that baked in?

Nice thing with the LT TV Mix is that the low end is pretty lean sounding to me and doesn't need a lot of cuts. The highs are more aggressive, but the very high end is rolled off. So depends on the monitoring but you may need a bit of high cutting.

Nice thing with the LT TV Mix is that the low end is pretty lean sounding to me and doesn't need a lot of cuts. The highs are more aggressive, but the very high end is rolled off. So depends on the monitoring but you may need a bit of high cutting.
Yeah, I'll just put the Leon PEQ in behind it - will try at rehearsals tonight..

The only dyna cabs available at the moment are the factory ones, none of which are mine.

I did upload a 57/121 mix on axechange recently from the TV cab pack I've shared previously.
Thanks Leon, I should have maybe worded differently that I used the one that was on axechange 🤦🏻‍♂️

Tried the Mix 2 and it’s great. Might like it more than the 7. I have 2 paid for packs and I don’t use any of them. Nothing against the vendors but I just don’t see a need to buy anything. Another really good free IR is the Mikko GOT IR. If you like Mix 2 you’ll like that. Similar profile but a bit darker.

What amps are you pairing with these IRs and what tone are you going for?

Seems to work with everything. Lately I’m using the Diamanté Fire and Ruby Rocket along with other Wreck type amps. I’m a classic rock gain level player where I want to hear the strings. I’ve played around with the Dynacabs but so far sticking with 2 IR’s. TV mix 2 and the IR from Mikko’s GOT.

Seems to work with everything. Lately I’m using the Diamanté Fire and Ruby Rocket along with other Wreck type amps. I’m a classic rock gain level player where I want to hear the strings. I’ve played around with the Dynacabs but so far sticking with 2 IR’s. TV mix 2 and the IR from Mikko’s GOT.
Jinx! Those are two of my favorite amps in the Axe. Love how they sound great at EOB, then go all flamethrower up higher, both of them. Great stuff.

Jinx! Those are two of my favorite amps in the Axe. Love how they sound great at EOB, then go all flamethrower up higher, both of them. Great stuff.

Yes love these! Sounds like we’re on a similar tone chase. What other favorites do you have? I also like the AC20 and SV20.

LT TV Mix #7 is an awesome sounding, and feeling, IR, as is LT TV Mix 2 for clean tones. These are the best sounding 4x12 IR's I've ever used in 14 years of using Fractal gear. You've absolutely hit a home run here. Many, many thanks Leon for your generous contributions...!

LT TV Mix #7 is an awesome sounding, and feeling, IR, as is LT TV Mix 2 for clean tones. These are the best sounding 4x12 IR's I've ever used in 14 years of using Fractal gear. You've absolutely hit a home run here. Many, many thanks Leon for your generous contributions...!

Big thumbs up LT!! I use both but LT2 more than 7. The Mikko GOT IR is excellent too. Try it if you haven’t.

Back
Top Bottom