In other news, the AX8 still sounds amazing

Is this the freebie IR that Justin (and you) shared? Or did he lay some fresh mixes on you...

It’s a new treat. I’ve got some plans for some killer stuff this year. Every time I hear Leon play through some of these test files, I think “yup, I gotta shoot that cab too.” Paired with Q9.04, it’s just insane how natural these amp models sound and feel.

Exactly. The mere fact that the III has been developed means that the AX8 actually, truly, sounds just like a POD. And I mean the ORIGINAL POD version, not that fancy all-singing-and-dancing POD v2.

I demand a refund, my good man.

Care to share the Omni settings? Been thinking of trying it out but usually prefer to do separate vs. multi channel. It sounds great though!

How do you like the Omni? I really don't need another channel strip, but I have a soft spot for Scheps
It's really well thought out and versatile; the intro price of $49usd was too good to pass up. It sounds fantastic on drums and bass

Care to share the Omni settings? Been thinking of trying it out but usually prefer to do separate vs. multi channel. It sounds great though!

Just a touch of saturation, a little cut at 250hz and a little boost at 2k then 3dB of gain reduction with the opto comp. I just picked it up so I had to try it out :p

Exactly. The mere fact that the III has been developed means that the AX8 actually, truly, sounds just like a POD. And I mean the ORIGINAL POD version, not that fancy all-singing-and-dancing POD v2.

I demand a refund, my good man.
Hopefully we get a final update with pod settings as default :)

Back
Top Bottom