IN 1 OUT 1, IN 1 OUT 2, IN 2 OUT 1, IN 2 OUT 2...

I agree...it'd be fantastic to have IN1 to OUT1 AND 2, as well as IN2 to OUT1 AND 2...a totally separate setup option for that, along with the 'ECHO' from OUT1-2

The Send and Return blocks are probably under utilized but cool that there is a way to get the OP issue solved :)

It would be cool to have an I/O setting where you could hard route input 2 to output 2 (and input 1 to output 1).

That makes setting up a discrete ac gtr / e gtr rig a little more straightforward.

I often setup my analog rig like that. A separate chain for ac gtr vs. electric.

I'll test it out tonight. Question for you guys... how can I make better use of my routing and save the SND/RTN's for this? I'm trying to post my preset now...

I don't own an XL, but here are two tips to save columns

1. Put effects that you do not use at the same time, or that you do not like the sound of one feeding into the other, in parallel to a dry signal in the same column. Example: If I have a patch with a chorus and a phaser, putting them into the same column (in parallel with a dry signal) will save 1 column compared to having them in series.

2. If you use multiple instances of the same effect block, see if you can use the X/Y state of one block instead of using two separate blocks.

Again, just some thought starters.

Ah, sorry about that! I figured you would have one already!!! I sent it to M@...I can take a screen shot of Axe Edit this afternoon and see if that helps...let me know.

I like your idea of the parallel column. I could definitely do that with Flanger/Phaser, and possibly a few others... let me pull up axe edit (good thing it's here on my work computer!) and see if I can post a pic... I'd love your input!

I don't own an XL, but here are two tips to save columns

1. Put effects that you do not use at the same time, or that you do not like the sound of one feeding into the other, in parallel to a dry signal in the same column. Example: If I have a patch with a chorus and a phaser, putting them into the same column (in parallel with a dry signal) will save 1 column compared to having them in series.

2. If you use multiple instances of the same effect block, see if you can use the X/Y state of one block instead of using two separate blocks.

Again, just some thought starters.

I guess so.

Here's a screenshot:
screen.png

Like this for example.

Note that in this example the guitar signal goes to OUT1 only.
If I would like that going to OUT2, that signal would have to connect to FXL as well.

Line-in 2.png

Just be aware that Yeks screen shot will output to both output 2 and output 1. If you did not want the fx loop outputting to 1, you would stop the signal chain after the send.

Delete the send block from where it is now and place it in the last column of row 1 instead. Turn both controls in the send block to 100%.

That's the easiest way to get it working with the routing you have. Moving the FX Loop to column 11 would also work, allowing a connection from Delay/Reverb directly to FXL.

Rejoice, rejoice! YOU are the MAN Bakerman! Right ON! Thank you SO much :)

Delete the send block from where it is now and place it in the last column of row 1 instead. Turn both controls in the send block to 100%.

That's the easiest way to get it working with the routing you have. Moving the FX Loop to column 11 would also work, allowing a connection from Delay/Reverb directly to FXL.

I tried to help GuitarTripp on the phone today.

He wants INPUT2 to feed directly to OUTPUT2.
He wants processed guitar in both OUTPUT1 and OUTPUT2 (this was missing from the above and results in a feedback loop).

I recommended an easier answer: get a small mixer for the iPad, or use a different cable topology to expose the 2nd input on his wedge monitor so the iPad could go directly to it.

There's more than one way to skin every cat.

Reactions: yek
Matt, this works without any feedback! Setting the levels is a little tricky...but I'll get it! For anyone that wants the preset, let me know...it's for the XL though.

I tried to help GuitarTripp on the phone today.

He wants INPUT2 to feed directly to OUTPUT2.
He wants processed guitar in both OUTPUT1 and OUTPUT2 (this was missing from the above and results in a feedback loop).

I recommended an easier answer: get a small mixer for the iPad, or use a different cable topology to expose the 2nd input on his wedge monitor so the iPad could go directly to it.

There's more than one way to skin every cat.

I you want all signals to "sound" at all outputs you can use the mirror function in the in/out meny.
I m not sure what you are trying to achieve though.
:)

Alright, here's my dilemma:

I have done this in the past with the Axe FX II (not sure which SW...I think it was 12.xx). I now have the XL, and it's at SW14.02 and I am unable to do it...

I have my guitar plugged into IN1 (front), and it runs through effects/amps/etc. OUT1 connects to a pair of JBL monitors at my computer. Sounds fine.

iPad Air is connected to IN2. Powered wedge is connected to OUT2.

With my current routing I can get IN1 to go to OUT1 'AND' OUT2. I can also get IN2 to go to OUT1, but I cannot get IN2 to go to OUT2.

Per the user manual (most current, updated manual) The FXL should be able to act as an 'AUX' input to IN2, and shoot IN2 to OUT2, along with whatever else is in it's path (IN1).

Another strange thing I noticed is that I am using MIX in the first block for my main effects (which is on Row2) and I can only control the volume with #1's control, NOT number 2, which I would expect.

I'm assuming these issues are bugs, but till I get confirmation I'll put it in this discussion...

No. To make input 2 enter the grid FXL is required.
And FXL overrides (disables) the Echo setting.

Back
Top Bottom