Impulses conversion

Then what am I doing wrong, because .wav and .IR files are greyed out when I try to use Axe Edit to import them into my Axe-FXII using Cab Manager?
No problem with .syx files.
I'm running the most current versions of both.
Drag and drop the files on the blank column on the left, then drag and drop them from the left column to the user cab slots.

Not on my system.
Trying to drag a .wav file onto a slot in Axe-Manage Cabs gives a Please use the browser message.
Using the browser, .wav files are greyed out.

Not on my system.
Trying to drag a .wav file onto a slot in Axe-Manage Cabs gives a Please use the browser message.
Using the browser, .wav files are greyed out.

Ah.
This is flaky but there is a way to do it.
In the past I've never used the actual Axe-Manage Cabs built-in browser.
When I was using a "browser" it was the Apple File system browser via the Import command.
Using that command I can't import .wav files.
But using the Axe-Manage Cabs actual browser to first open the folder with the .wav files allows me to drag the files onto a Axe-Manage Cabs slot where it is then converted to .syx.
But I can't drag one of those wavs onto a Scratchpad location which is what I was trying to do to audition the IRs.
Confusing to say the least.

But OK.
Thanks.

And it looks like this process turns out an UltraRes IR because its name is in italics in the Cab Block windows.
This was with a 500ms .wav file.
Perhaps if the .wav file is 40ms long or less it would yield a Standard Res IR?
That doesn't seem to be the case though because I just tried it.
Always gives UltraRes.

And it looks like this process turns out an UltraRes IR because its name is in italics in the Cab Block windows.
This was with a 500ms .wav file.
Perhaps if the .wav file is 40ms long or less it would yield a Standard Res IR?
That doesn't seem to be the case though because I just tried it.
Always gives UltraRes.
You can choose the format (ultrares/high-res and min-phase/raw/auto-trim) in the options of cab manager

I can see now why they had to use the browser for this.
Still, we should be able to drag to a Scratchpad location, no?

You can choose the format (ultrares/high-res and min-phase/raw/auto-trim) in the options of cab manager

Quick question. I bought some .wav IR's from Cab Factory. Should I choose min-phase when I convert? I am new to this but understand the process. Much Appreciated - I guess I can ask Andy there but was researching the subject on our forum.

Quick question. I bought some .wav IR's from Cab Factory. Should I choose min-phase when I convert? I am new to this but understand the process. Much Appreciated - I guess I can ask Andy there but was researching the subject on our forum.
It depends, if you want to mix them it's better to use min phase to avoid cancellations, if you're going to use one IR at a time you can use raw or auto-trim, this will leave the phase information unaltered and theoretically they should sound more accurate and a bit better.

PS: iirc cab factory IRs, or at least their old packs, are already MPT (minimum phase transformed) so that setting won't change anything

Back
Top Bottom