importing new "15" presets doesn't over write existing ones

dschaaf

Experienced
After already running 15.02 for a while I decided to get a fresh start as things weren't sounding quite right.

I
- reset system in utilities
- ran the clean.syx file
- downgraded to 13.02
- re-upgraded to 15.02
- re-loaded the new 15 preset banks using the one to load all 3 banks
- reset all the I/O stuff etc

When I went to 59 Bassguy, I noticed it was clipping the output? I though that was weird as I know the defaults on the level are normally pretty low (-12db)...but mine was showing -5.5. Hmmmmmm, so I set the level to zero, saved it and then re-loaded all of the ver 15 presets again. Went back into 59 bass guy expecting it to be negative but it was still at zero. It would appear that the presets are not being overwritten even through fractal-bot says completed successfully.
Am I missing something simple?

Thanks,
D

I am having a similar problem. Updated from 14.00 to 15.02. Started building new presets, including some amp changes. I then decided that I really did not have time to re-build all my patches and that I would revert back to 14.00 and re-load the dump I had taken before the update.

The change to 14.00 went fine, howver when I re-loaded my patches nothing changed. The patches still had the new amps and they also sounded like the patches I had made in 15.02, which I was not particularly happy with anyway.

Also, when I import my 14.00 patches into Axe Edit they show the amp I changed to 15.02 not the amp I had dumped. Wierd!

Any ideas?

This is on an regular II. I have just tried re-loading in a bank of 13.07 patches it still shows as the new amp (ODS-100) not the Brit Brown it should have changed back to.

Sounds like you downloaded the wrong version. If you have an XL you want the ones for the XL. If you have a Mark I or II you want the Axe-Fx II (non-XL) version.

Hello, thanks for the advice.

I did initially download the XL version but as soon as I tried to load 15.02 Fractal Bot told me it wasn't compatible and wouldn't load it. I then downloaded the correct version for a regular II and updated ok.

Back on 14.00, I have just unlinked the Global Block and it jumped to Brit Brown like it should have been. I guess if I now re-save as the global block then all should be ok?

Back
Top Bottom