Implementing SOLO-boost

sale

Axe-fx Ultra.
What would the best way be to implement a Solo-Boost (eg. + 6db) for each patch?
Currently I am using a Graphics EQ directly before the CAB, which I can un/bypass via footswitch.

How do you do this?
Other, better ideas?

Thank you,
Reinhard

Easy...Filter block set to null and set the level at what you want. I put mine near the end of the chain.

I use global level, controlled by midi. Set a button with two different value (say 127, 110) and use it to unboost/boost each patches. If needed, the same CC# could controll filter, block level or anything else per patch basis.

Smilzo said:
I use global level, controlled by midi. Set a button with two different value (say 127, 110) and use it to unboost/boost each patches. If needed, the same CC# could controll filter, block level or anything else per patch basis.

Hijacking for a moment: I want to use a dedicated switch to switch certain effects between two fixed speeds. Seeing that you something similar for a boost, how do I program this?

yek said:
Smilzo said:

Hijacking for a moment: I want to use a dedicated switch to switch certain effects between two fixed speeds. Seeing that you something similar for a boost, how do I program this?

Use an external controller, assign it to an IA on you pedal board. Attach a modifier to the parameter you want to control. set the source to the external controller set the start and end points where you want. Now that IA will toggle between the 2 values.

Smilzo said:

Just be aware that you would be unable to use the main mixer volume directly in that senario. There are ways around that but thing like vol increment/decrement would not function correctly. In other words, that work but there are some caveats that one should be aware of.

yek said:

There are at least 2 ways: one is having an IA with 2 status (0/127) and program the Axefx's modifier (see javajunkie above).
I use sometimes a different approach: having an advanced pedalboard (Gordius) I send proper MIDI value, leaving the axefx modifier with standard linear behaviour.

javajunkie said:
Just be aware that you would be unable to use the main mixer volume directly in that senario. There are ways around that but thing like vol increment/decrement would not function correctly. In other words, that work but there are some caveats that one should be aware of.

I started using exp pedal to controll volume. Then I switch to 2 level boost, it suits my needs very well.

There's too many different ways to implement solo boost... :lol: :mrgreen:

javajunkie said:
Use an external controller, assign it to an IA on you pedal board. Attach a modifier to the parameter you want to control. set the source to the external controller set the start and end points where you want. Now that IA will toggle between the 2 values.

Smilzo said:
There are at least 2 ways: one is having an IA with 2 status (0/127) and program the Axefx's modifier (see javajunkie above).
I use sometimes a different approach: having an advanced pedalboard (Gordius) I send proper MIDI value, leaving the axefx modifier with standard linear behaviour.

Great, thanks for both tips. I have the Gordius and didn't think about it until now. I think I'll go that route first.

Back
Top Bottom