[Implemented] List Display Zoom

I still thinks that looks great
The only thing I don’t love is the full blue box , I think just lighting up the names will easier to see
Colors like Yellow , blue on the black background will stand out much more IMO

I appreciate @Rex re-posting the quote from @Admin M@
But I think the issue with it is that it's so open-ended. Maybe purposefully, maybe accidentally, I'm not sure.
When it was posted, it was clear by all the posts that many of us took it to mean that no +1s were needed because they had a design and were working on implementing it.
That may have been our fault for misinterpreting the post.
As the 14 months has gone by without any update, it's also easy to look at it retrospectively and think "well, maybe he said not to +1 any longer because they weren't going to fix it."
So it would be nice to get some sort of clarification. Then we don't have to bother anyone any longer.
I think this clarity is a small ask.

Reactions: KFF
With so many other things for all of us to work on, there has been no time to get to this.
The wish is understood, and it is on the list to look at but it's been in a shuffle.
@Admin M@ Matt, I really appreciate the response on this. From an outsider's perspective, it seems like the focus is definitely on keeping the FM3 up with the Axe3, and there is little time for you all to focus on anything that might be more FM3-specific (or FM9, for that matter). IF this is the case, that's a legitimate Fractal center-of-attention, and I get it.
But the UI design you showed earlier up in this thread and the original one on this post are HUGE improvements and would really upgrade one of the only areas, if not THE only one, where Fractal is not completely slaying the competition.
All I can say is this wish means a lot to me personally.
Thanks, man.

Last edited:
While the FM3 has a beautiful and easy to read display, I see potential for improvements in regards to how it displays lists of presets, scenes, amps, cabs, effects, etc., especially when currently, the display basically imitates that of the Axe-FX III. But alas, many of us aren’t operating our FM3’s from eye level or from a rack.

So, I propose a zoom function to enlarge all lists. Obviously, less information would be able to be displayed at one time, but I feel this would be a welcome feature for those with poor eyesight.

Here’s a concept I quickly threw together:
View attachment 66575
The above example would be a 4x zoom setting, which would display four out of eight scenes. A 2x zoom setting would display all eight scenes with four scenes per each of the two columns:
View attachment 66576

Of course this could be applied to the rest of the lists for presets, amps, cabs, effects, parameters, etc.:
View attachment 66578
Thoughts?
I hope it will happen soon

I will also be pleased if we can get to this as my eyes get worse every day.
iu

• Haha
Reactions: JTI
I may be a few days late to the game here, but it looks as though a larger font display has been implemented for the FM9.
This is great news and since the wish was originated here, surely the FM3 and AXEIII won't be far behind. Very exciting!

I may be a few days late to the game here, but it looks as though a larger font display has been implemented for the FM9.
This is great news and since the wish was originated here, surely the FM3 and AXEIII won't be far behind. Very exciting!
Wow, indeed great news for FM9 users. Hoping FM3 gets the update soon. FAS really listens to their customers!

Back
Top Bottom