Imperial Tone King

Flyingmd

Hi All,

I was watching some of the wildwood Les Paul guitar videos with Greg Koch and on all the videos he has this amazing tone using an Imperial Tone King (with a BB pre amp) that I love. I realize a lot of what I am hearing comes from within the player (not to mention the guitar, pups, etc) , but which AMP model would come closest to the Imperial Tone King that he uses or has anybody been able to Tone Match that particular amp. Can somebody suggest some possible AMP blocks which come closest with some starter settings. I have never heard a Tone King live or played through one but love the tone he gets on those videos. Thanks

My recommendation is that you start experimenting with similar grade amps and mostly use your ears to achieve that tone, its not always easy and some times frustrating but most of the time you will come close enough.

Deluxe verb og Carr Roamer (Rambler) are quite similar design and sound wise to the Imperial.
The TK Imperial is a good amp but I've tried it next to a Carr Rambler or BF Deluxe Reverb on many occasions, and have alway by far preferred the Rambler and Deluxe to the TK. IMO & YMMV.

Find out what speakers are in it and then try out IRs of the same or similar speaker type. Most important!

Back
Top Bottom