Impedance for the axe fx II

aaronv84

Inspired
I heard that the eleven rack has a true z circuit that gives you the option to be able to match the impedance of the guitars pickups to the units input to the amp sims. My question is can the axe fx II do this?

@mmcm4: It actually has even greater significance when you start dealing with fuzz. For instance, a lot of fuzzes don't like to be fed a buffered signal because it messes with the impedance, so the tone becomes rather weird. I believe that was at least one of the applications for which this feature was intended, IIRC.

Just to be clear, the impedance matching isn't for the amps sims. The Axe-fx II, by default, already has an input impedance that is the same a just about all amps. Also, it is not about matching you guitar pickups impedance. It is setting the input impedance.
It is for the pedal sims. As has been stated, the input impedance of certain effects boxes has a lower value than the impedance of the amp this can load down the pickup of your guitar. Vintage Fuzzes and vibes commonly do this and don't sound the same if you don't have the pickups loaded down by them.

also, your pick up will not get loaded down if you have any buffered signal before the axe-fx input (like a wireless).

Back
Top Bottom