I'm producing a Cab Pack for Fractal Audio Systems

Trying these right now! I just can't say how great these IRs sound! the alloy folder with a pair of 57 and 421 sounds phenomenal. instant crunchy, juicy and fat tone. Really like what you did there Clark and Irotlas. Just wanted to say thank you again for best 4x12 IRs ever. great job guys

Trying these right now! I just can't say how great these IRs sound! the alloy folder with a pair of 57 and 421 sounds phenomenal. instant crunchy, juicy and fat tone. Really like what you did there Clark and Irotlas. Just wanted to say thank you again for best 4x12 IRs ever. great job guys

I'm glad you like them! 57-421 mixes are my favorites too

CK, how well will these IRs work for mid-gain amps? I love messing around with JP tones, but my audience isn't quite ready for that.

Well obviously they work great for everything. There is a lot of usable "versadiddly" within the Cab Pack. I will get my hands on my Axe-Fx tomorrow so I'll shoot a video demonstration of different amps and genres with these IRs. Any specific amps you'd like to hear?

All the IRs are "scientific sweet spots" meaning that they usually perform well. I know it sounds like hype but I'll try and demonstrate this in a video. :)

Last edited:
Just bought this cab pack, and all I can say is: DAMN these badboys sounds great!! So many great tones in there (Slash, Andy Timmons, Guthrie Govan + possibly every other guitar player who uses V30's). It would be nice to know, which speaker(s) (A, B, C or D) are part of the Alloy folder (example: SM57+R121 01 = SM57 A + R121 B) - just a thought. Anyways, thanks for this amazing cab pack - these IR's are, hands down, the best V30 IR's I've ever heard/played (both for clean/midgain/highgain and rhythm/lead)! Amazing!

Last edited:
Just bought this cab pack, and all I can say is: DAMN these batboys sounds great!! So many great tones in there (Slash, Andy Timmons, Guthrie Govan + possibly every other guitar player who uses V30's). It would be nice to know, which speaker(s) (A, B, C or D) are part of the Alloy folder (example: SM57+R121 01 = SM57 A + R121 B) - just a thought. Anyways, thanks for this amazing cab pack - these IR's are, hands down, the best V30 IR's I've ever heard/played (both for clean/midgain/highgain and rhythm/lead)! Amazing!

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'll have to quote you somewhere. ;)

Not marking the mixes was a conscious decision we made just because there would've been so many factors to name: speakers, distance, cap edge/cone, amount of phase. It would've slowed down the mic up a lot. That's why we decided that they're more random so you can blindly explore and find something you like with your ears. My own favorite alloys are the first ones especially in the 57-421 Alloy folder. :)

First off... Thanks Mikko.

I'm checking out the presets right now and they're sounding great.

Question... What is the "Chocolate Cake" preset emulating???

I'll write more once I've spent some serious time with the collection. Thanks for all your hard work guys!

(EDIT after a bit more time with these) These are easily 10X better than the Petrucci cab Fractal took. There was always something wrong with that IR. These IR's are already spot on and giving me exactly what I expect from a Petrucci-sounding cab/IR. Clark has done it with this pack. Exceptional work guys! These are probably going to dethrone my Ownhammer IRs for the be all end all IRs for me. They are that good. Just need more time with them to make sure. Anyone wanting killer V30 IR's with that Petrucci/esque sound look no where else.

Last edited:
First off... Thanks Mikko.

I'm checking out the presets right now and they're sounding great.

Question... What is the "Chocolate Cake" preset emulating???

I'll write more once I've spent some serious time with the collection. Thanks for all your hard work guys!

It sounds more like the recent tones of one specific guitarist with a beard, muscles and amps made in USA.

It's pretty close to a song named opposite of "Under the Stomachs of Demons". :lol

Bought the pack. First impression is as I guessed. I liked the 57-421 alloy #4 a lot really (I just could try the first four ones yet), and generally I preferred the smaller Mesa to its bigger brother.
I don't know shit about mixing, but I can say one thing: This smaller one is harder to get killed by drums (I couldn't record the bass yet, I'm very tired:) ).
Thank you for all your effort!

Back
Top Bottom