I'm literally foaming at the mouth here....

meatballx

This little box is incredible! Im an aspiring producer whos primary concentration is metal and the tone this guy is putting our blows my freaking mind. The only issue I have is affording it! Aside from the old fashioned way of saving nickels and dimes, how did you guys manage to drop that kind of cash on this beast?

Sell your farm, mortgage your car and eat Ramen noodles for a year. Just get the box and make music. Nothing else matters... ;-)

*or*

...just make enough money to buy the thing and get the box and have fun making music. Lots of other things matter; but it's the whole point of being a musician. Make music and have fun.

Just raise the cash some way or another. I know a guy who spent his student loan on one then spent the rest of the year eating out of date Pot Noodles. His reaction?

"Totally worth it"

Hehe, I can't help you on the part about how to get it, but I can tell you that you definitely -should-! I've had soooo much gear during the years, but this is the single best purchase I've ever made. Don't think I'll ever GAS for a new amp again ^^

(Well, not a physical one anyway... Cliff and this forum has a way of getting me to GAS for new amps in the firmware tho :D )

My Tail is pretty simple. I got in the game back in the ultra days. I found a guy wanting a tube amp that I had plus cash. I traded him the tub amp and charged the difference ($400). Then the II came out I told it with a case to an over seas buyer. They typically paid more for used ones because they are hard to get out there and if you can get the they are so much $$$$ that in most cases spending almost what a new ultra costs for a used one was cheaper than buying a new one were they were thanks to exchange rates and import taxes

Well... the best way to afford one of these is the old fashioned way. Work hard, spend less where you can, and save up. Don't go into debt for one- it'll end up costing you much more in the long run. In financial stuff (which a $2000+ purchase is...), patience pays off big. I was lucky enough to be able to afford one after selling all of my gear except my guitar and my favorite amp (the 64 blackface/blonde circuit Bassman mentioned in my sig), and it was absolutely worth it. However, that place in life came after 5 years of undergrad school, 2 years of grad school, and 7 years in the workforce, so I put my hungry days in, for sure. Not to be sob storyish- work hard, spend less, and save up. It'll be worth it, trust me!

When you consider that a single vintage Marshall (like this, or this, or this) in decent shape can cost over US$2000, the value of the Axe-Fx II really comes into focus.

Ofertas-Ebay-Brasil.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new.

I kept my tube amp until about a year after I got the Axe II, but I sold off my rack and pedal stuff on eBay (the Axe would replace all of it even if I stuck with tubes), and saved for about a year as I worked doing lighting installations.

I honestly don't think that the Axe is really that expensive. It costs around the price of the best effects processors (of which it is one) and less than a high-end tube head.

I kept my tube amp until about a year after I got the Axe II, but I sold off my rack and pedal stuff on eBay (the Axe would replace all of it even if I stuck with tubes), and saved for about a year as I worked doing lighting installations.

I honestly don't think that the Axe is really that expensive. It costs around the price of the best effects processors (of which it is one) and less than some high-end tube heads.

Cable and phone packages will generally save you at least a hundred a month, probably double or more that. Take a year, but you'll be less dumber for it.....

Sell the wife! You get your II and time to play it. WIN/WIN! :lol

Kidding aside I don't think the price is out of line considering what other amps, pedals, guitars, or gear prices are today. The money saved in the long term justifies it regardless. Set goals and priorities and save!

PS. It was a few years ago and I don't remember the name of the guy who posted it but he was ranting about how much the Ultra cost and saying how ridiculous it was and how could one justify paying that amount for a modeler and how long it would take him to save up. And below his post in his signature was a picture of his music room with a wall of about 15 guitars many of which were 1K+ or 2K+. :hopelessness:

Pimp some ho's, but make sure you're fair to them(50/50 split). You could purchase the Axe-II easily after only a couple days......

Mow lawns, do chores for old ladies, job, sell non wanted items on Ebay, and a credit card ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom