I'm leaving!!

Good on ya, cobblers, as I believe they say down below. Though I can't see why you wouldn't want to take your Axe with you. You know you want to. I think you'll miss the constant bickering about editing software too.

Have a great time, mate.

Man. How can you possibly be without a guitar for up to two years!!! That'd be like saying, ah you know I won't be using my left arm for a couple of years! Good luck! I'm sure it must be worth being excited about!

Maybe it's to serve a prison sentence?? Did you alter an ACDC cover too much ..... or write obscenities to Kylie?? :)

(ok ... I admit I'm a bit behind on who's current in Oz)

Maybe it's to serve a prison sentence?? Did you alter an ACDC cover too much ..... or write obscenities to Kylie?? :)

(ok ... I admit I'm a bit behind on who's current in Oz)

Maybe he went "St SANDERS" on AC/DC and has to do community service down under ;)

I believe if Mikko had wanted to give more explanations he woul have on his OP. Give it space!

Have fun in Australia! Guitars will still be here when you're back!

Thanks for all the comments guys! Once again proves that this is one of he best internet communities out there. :)

Why no guitar? Why no Axe? Well it was kind of a crazy idea or an enlightment even. Basically I've been happy tone-wise for a looooong time thanks to Randall Smith, Clifford Cooper and Cliff Chase <3 but the music industry is crap especially here in Finland. I've been trying to get a record/distribution/booking deal for as long as I remember and my general joke has been that I'm studying as a backup plan. Well I just graduated from University. I've got a masters degree in computer science. So the last thing I want to do is start my backup plan so I'm going to do something completely different and escape with my beautiful girlfriend to a place furthest possible.. literally it is Australia. It's on the exact opposite side of earth. And I'm staying for as long as I can afford it. :) Even if I don't get employed I can stay for 6 months. They already gave me the working holiday visa and with my CV shouldn't be too hard to get employed. :)

I WANT TO WORK AT IMA!!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! :D

I feel like the problem with my music has been that I've been trying too hard. I think a breather will serve me well. And it's not like I could choose just one guitar. No wait... PRS. :D I'm leaving my guitar gear in a sacred secret position somewhere on the planet and if I really start missing them I'll ask a friend to send some of them to me. :)

I can't go 3 days without a guitar (2 weeks being the longest I have ever managed), so I can't even imagine 6 months - 2 years. I am, however, in complete envy that you possess the willpower to just pack up and move to the other side of the planet. That's actually why I ended up going 2 weeks without mine until I bought a lower-end Godin at a local shop in Mauritius. Good luck to you in Australia!

Hope you have a good time and can establish yourself down there if you find out that you want to.

I had a 14 year long withdrawel from playing since I did try to hard, the last two years just making patches on a synth before I realized I had to do other things even if I didn't know what. Naturally the technique and flow on the guitar took punishment but the feeling for music didn't. I was probably better on the guitar before but I feel when it comes to writing music I have evolved also under the years I didn't play.

Good luck. When I've had to leave for parts unfamiliar I always have a guitar around, even if I don't have to time to play it too much. At least it's there when I need to stroke it or feel a song coming on.

Why not just create your music and then publish it on iTunes/Amazon on your own? I'm a working father/husband with three kids... I haven't been able to record comfortably for at least a 18 months. I used to record a new song every other night staying up from about 8/9pm until around 3/4am then having to go to work. If PigWeed doesn't go anywhere I'm hoping to start my own "stay at home metal dad" gig and see where the Lord will take me. Good luck to you Clark.

Back
Top Bottom