I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

and BTW, that's absolutely not true. constructive criticism and suggestions and wishes have fueled many changes and current features on the Axe and FAS products.

Bahh. Criticism and ridicule are not the same thing, and command of language shows which is which. The capabilities - linguistic, but particularly emotional - of others is something else..... Always an opportunity to transcend, but rarely taken.

(( this post is recursive in this regard ))

it's the only reason i mentioned it earlier in the thread and i'm only sad i didn't realize it upon the first announcement of the FX8 before too many units were created (there seem to be a handful of FX8 units out there). i'd assume there may be at least 4 AX8 units existing at this time.

if it's already said and done, then people will just have to adjust. but it is quite different than anything else out there. oh well. like i said, i actually always had my scenes on row 2 (also used no preset switches), so this isn't a huge issue for me personally. but i don't switch things every 5 seconds or very quickly, so it could be more cumbersome to others.

Yes. I agree. It will be what it is when released and I will be getting one either way but it would be nice if the the preset rows could be reversed.
No biggie otherwise.
I think it's going to be a really useful unit for anything from fly gigs to jam nights with mates. As mentioned by loads of people, will make a great little rehearsal unit. Looking forward to getting one :)

I would sell my Axe II + MFC rig for this, assuming I can recreate my patches on it. They aren't complicated at all, so I have high hopes.

Am I the only one who finds the optics of this thing a little bit disappointing? It looks like something from the early 90's with the blocky-ness and sharp edges.

I know that most people don't care about visuals if the sound is great, but you might still want to put this on your colorful and cool looking pedalboard, don't you? If we take, for example the G-System, we have the polished aluminium chassis with the stylish rounded edges and the buttons with LED-circles around them. From a pure visual design-perspective, this is on a whole different level.

Don't get me wrong: I think the Axe-II looks great as a functional black box without any frills. For rack units, this is cool. But this one is a pedal/floorboard. Get more fancy! ;)

I think what could improve the optics a lot would be to extend the control-panel-faceplate across the whole unit instead of just the cavity. I think the faceplate looks a lot more valuable than the grey sheet metal that covers the switches.

Might as well ,relax and enjoy practice and gigging for now , my guess is it will be a while , if it follows the footsteps of the FX 8 :) I'll for sure be on the list as soon as one appears ,looking forward to the simplicity of just laying down a floor unit and playing !!! In general for live use I think it will be Great!!!

Damn. Just when I thought my setup was at its apex.

Even though I own an XL and MFC I'd happily pick up one of these units for smaller gigs/practices, while keeping the main unit in the studio/save for larger gigs/tours. I also play a lot with new people/session work and this would be so much easier to carry around from one rehearsal to another as opposed to my current rack mounted arm workout.

Damn. Just when I thought my setup was at its apex.

Even though I own an XL and MFC I'd happily pick up one of these units for smaller gigs/practices, while keeping the main unit in the studio/save for larger gigs/tours. I also play a lot with new people/session work and this would be so much easier to carry around from one rehearsal to another as opposed to my current rack mounted arm workout.

Same for me.

When I'm in rehearsals, like right now, I have to patch / unpatch my Mark II rig almost every day. Would be cool to have the AX8 in the rehearsal space and the rack in my studio.

Back
Top Bottom