• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

I'm Axe-less as of today

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
I've had my Ultra almost exactly 3 years, since the 5.x firmware. Gigged it last night, killer tone as usual. Today it's gone. Weird feeling!

When the Axe-II announcement first dropped, I knew I would want one.. Eventually. But I also couldnt imagine doing without my Ultra, even for a short time. I had no intention of selling. But just this week it occurred to me that I only have 3 more gigs before the band takes a 2 month break. Then there will be vacations, etc, so I don't really seriously need my Axe until Sept. I noticed resale value seems pretty decent right now and the numbers on EBay have come down a lot since that first week of selling frenzy.

So I took a deep breath and posted my Ultra for sale locally.. And what do you know, I had a local buyer interested right away.

I'm absolutely stoked for Axe-II now.. Especially since I have to call up my old tube combo and pedals for the next two weekends... What a step down!

axel

Power User
Wow, same thing happened to me, decided to put my Standard up for $1400, and just sold it to someone local. Looks like I'll have to caugh up some more money and by an Axe II now. My wife thinks I'm crazy, I think she may be right.

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
HAH! I sold mine the week of countdown. Try gigging multiple times a week axe-less and do if for three weeks...Electronpirate saved me from my axe-less "axe-ageddon" and I can't wait to get his back to him. Hang in there man! It's like a tonal solitary confinement. In my case, a single tonal platform with the typical hassles of tube life.

I've had my Ultra almost exactly 3 years, since the 5.x firmware. Gigged it last night, killer tone as usual. Today it's gone. Weird feeling!

When the Axe-II announcement first dropped, I knew I would want one.. Eventually. But I also couldnt imagine doing without my Ultra, even for a short time. I had no intention of selling. But just this week it occurred to me that I only have 3 more gigs before the band takes a 2 month break. Then there will be vacations, etc, so I don't really seriously need my Axe until Sept. I noticed resale value seems pretty decent right now and the numbers on EBay have come down a lot since that first week of selling frenzy.

So I took a deep breath and posted my Ultra for sale locally.. And what do you know, I had a local buyer interested right away.

I'm absolutely stoked for Axe-II now.. Especially since I have to call up my old tube combo and pedals for the next two weekends... What a step down!

Last edited:

ethomas1013

Fractal Fanatic
I feel your pain.

I sold my Ultra last week and used a friend's HD500 for Worship yesterday.... Ugh, that thing sucks in comparison to the Axe. I call it the "2D500" since the tone is very 2-dimensional and lacks the depth and the touch sensitivity of the Axe-FX. On it's own, I suppose it's OK, but compared to the Axe...

But the good news is that I have cash waiting for the Axe II. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to buy one soon.

Yall

My Ultra is being delivered today. So I'm Axe less, its hopefully only for a few more hours. sorry to rub it in! :)

Top Bottom