I'm Axe-less as of today

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
I've had my Ultra almost exactly 3 years, since the 5.x firmware. Gigged it last night, killer tone as usual. Today it's gone. Weird feeling!

When the Axe-II announcement first dropped, I knew I would want one.. Eventually. But I also couldnt imagine doing without my Ultra, even for a short time. I had no intention of selling. But just this week it occurred to me that I only have 3 more gigs before the band takes a 2 month break. Then there will be vacations, etc, so I don't really seriously need my Axe until Sept. I noticed resale value seems pretty decent right now and the numbers on EBay have come down a lot since that first week of selling frenzy.

So I took a deep breath and posted my Ultra for sale locally.. And what do you know, I had a local buyer interested right away.

I'm absolutely stoked for Axe-II now.. Especially since I have to call up my old tube combo and pedals for the next two weekends... What a step down!

Wow, same thing happened to me, decided to put my Standard up for $1400, and just sold it to someone local. Looks like I'll have to caugh up some more money and by an Axe II now. My wife thinks I'm crazy, I think she may be right.

HAH! I sold mine the week of countdown. Try gigging multiple times a week axe-less and do if for three weeks...Electronpirate saved me from my axe-less "axe-ageddon" and I can't wait to get his back to him. Hang in there man! It's like a tonal solitary confinement. In my case, a single tonal platform with the typical hassles of tube life.

I've had my Ultra almost exactly 3 years, since the 5.x firmware. Gigged it last night, killer tone as usual. Today it's gone. Weird feeling!

When the Axe-II announcement first dropped, I knew I would want one.. Eventually. But I also couldnt imagine doing without my Ultra, even for a short time. I had no intention of selling. But just this week it occurred to me that I only have 3 more gigs before the band takes a 2 month break. Then there will be vacations, etc, so I don't really seriously need my Axe until Sept. I noticed resale value seems pretty decent right now and the numbers on EBay have come down a lot since that first week of selling frenzy.

So I took a deep breath and posted my Ultra for sale locally.. And what do you know, I had a local buyer interested right away.

I'm absolutely stoked for Axe-II now.. Especially since I have to call up my old tube combo and pedals for the next two weekends... What a step down!

Last edited:
I feel your pain.

I sold my Ultra last week and used a friend's HD500 for Worship yesterday.... Ugh, that thing sucks in comparison to the Axe. I call it the "2D500" since the tone is very 2-dimensional and lacks the depth and the touch sensitivity of the Axe-FX. On it's own, I suppose it's OK, but compared to the Axe...

But the good news is that I have cash waiting for the Axe II. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to buy one soon.

My Ultra is being delivered today. So I'm Axe less, its hopefully only for a few more hours. sorry to rub it in! :)

Back
Top Bottom