I'm asking for help

is your Input level set correctly? i don't experience this "4kHz" thing and i don't hear it in recordings of the axe.

I'm getting 2 boxes lit up on the output meter on the front of the AxeFX, I barely hit a 3rd (orange) one. It's not a digital clipping sound. I also went in and tweaked the 4K in the global EQ and it gets closer, but I can tell it's still there. I posted an example in my previous post. Tricky as hell to describe it to someone. It's like trying to explain what a color looks like.

I'm going to try tweaking the input a little to see if it goes away. I'm quite certain it can be pinpointed and taken care of.

I'm finding some ways to tame it quite a bit. I don't know what options the OP has in a II (I never owned one) but here's what I'm doing in the III-

-Parametric EQ after the Cab, Frequency 5 set to Blocking, the Frequency is around 6611.0HZ (Wiggle that knob around, there's a lot of it in here), 18 db/oct

Tonestack- This REALLY helped tweak it. I changed Tonestacks, messed with the frequency. I'd just play around and see how it works for you, there's a lot of wiggle room in there.

HiCut Frequency in the Preamp section of the Amp block, I dropped it to 3390 Hz.

The less gain, the less fizzy sound. I also added a 2nd cab and just kept scrolling through different ones. Some types of blended cabs seem to restrict the amount of annoying fizz coming out. It seems it's always going to be there, I think my focus needs to be on how to fine tune it so it's not overbearing. It's almost as if the frequencies in the distortion were all separated and mismatched, like the top end doesn't belong with the bottom end.

Honestly, I don't know how much of this stuff would even present itself in a mix and if it were, I'm getting 95% of the way there with the AxeFX, I don't mind getting that extra 5% from an SSL Channel strip plug-in and zeroing in on that frequency. I'm also going to play around with the settings on my monitors to see if I can attack it from that point.

1. Set input value in I/O menu so that the red light on the front panel of the Axe goes red more than often when you play the guitar hard.
2. Might be that the guitar you are playing on have some , sorry , shitty pick-ups for heavy. Not hot enough (not output enough - typically single coils, use humbuckers and with lots of output). To solve this a little use a distortion in front of the amp block, turn the distortion way down and use the volume on this to hit the amp more.
3. Use a Friedman amp block with tons of compression/gain. That might warm the sound up.

Back
Top Bottom