I'm about to rant, don't read if wasily offended.

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
*Easily

So John Petrucci has today had a SECOND Axe Fx 2 shipped to him whilst us mugs in non US countries have to wait MONTHS for ours.

Why did I buy the Ultra and pay up front for the 2? Because of Mark Day's YouTube videos. Not Petrucci's. Did Mark Day get a second unit? Probably not.
How can they justify sending a second unit to him when we've all been waiting a ridiculous amount of time for our 1st? I was told that I would have to wait 8-12 weeks when I first ordered mine on 10th May with G66.

7 Months later, I'm STILL waiting....

Fractal, you take the piss and insult every customer that wishes to give you their money.

I will not be buying the Axe fx 2 or Ultra 2 or whatever comes out next. I've got the Ultra, MFC and a 2. You've had all the money you'll ever get out of me. Fucking customer satisfaction stinks. I'd rather break my back with 10 tube amps than give you another dime.

I feel better now

Last edited:
It was nice when the stars used to get the same treatment as a regular user...But I think we all knew it wasn't going to last forever...

Reactions: jon
You ain't John Petrucci, pal.

Myself, I'm so pissed I can barely stand it. Frickin' water shouldn't be wet. Darn sky ought to be green. Grass would be better if it was blue. I've HAD it with reality, if it won't conform to my wishes I'm not participating. TAKE THAT!!!

Hold on there bud yeah the anywhere that isn't US situation is full of suck, but I think you should realize that:

1. This is a post on a forum paid by FAS be a bit more courteous

2. There are more people in Europe, Cananda, Asia, Australia and whatever other location combined than the US so it isn't surprising that It's taking a long time to fill orders

3. Yeah I know the waiting list in G66 has always been absurd but if that isn't new, why rant?

4. You don't have to buy it. I'd love to buy one but I don't have that kind of money and I got priorities sadly.

5. Yes US customers get preference. I don't make the rules man. We can all stop the business advice as this is not our company.

I feel the pain man. Hell when I got my standard I didn't have a wait list available. It was the f5 game and in the end I bought it second hand off a dude. It's up to you if you think It's worth the wait or whatever you decide.

*Easily

So John Petrucci has today had a SECOND Axe Fx 2 shipped to him whilst us mugs in non US countries have to wait MONTHS for ours.

How do you know when Petrucci ordered his second unit? Isn't it possible that he ordered before you, and other people waiting for one in Europe? As fas as I kow he's been using Fractal gear for a very long time.

Right, I appreciate that JP is next to God as far as playing goes, but weight up the business he attracts against the business that Fractal lose for having poor customer service. I know that FAS provide this forum, but we pay for the products, so technically WE pay for this forum and should be able to verbalise opinions. Secondly, I removed at least 6 f**s and f******s before posting. I was livid.

Is it really necessary for the sarcasm? I pisses me off when the rest of thw world has to wait and wait and wait and wait, whilst Fractal sell direct to customers on their online store to US customers and get it in a week. Why can't they relieve the waiting list first. I could understand if it was just a parts issue. It's clearly not.

Is it really necessary for the sarcasm? I pisses me off when the rest of thw world has to wait and wait and wait and wait, whilst Fractal sell direct to customers on their online store to US customers and get it in a week. Why can't they relieve the waiting list first. I could understand if it was just a parts issue. It's clearly not.

Please don't read the sarcasm if you are easily offended. ;)

I'm just poking at you. I understand why you're offended, but this issue seems to be the nature of the beast with a product as potent as the Axe-Fx. It is gaining in popularity and sales reflect. There has to be some form of dissemination for the units and I imagine Fractal has put much thought into how many and how to deliver to each of the units to everyone who wants one. Unfortunately, any item being exported will take more time through alternate vendors and there will always be people with "pull" because of their status (Petrucci in this case). Sorry you have to wait, but I can tell you it is WELL WORTH the wait.

Posting on an internet forum while pissed won't make things better man. So you took of a couple of swears. That's a good start. As for the sarcasm, hey you posted on a forum. People are bound to say something. Like I said, it isn't our place to tell FAS what to do. Will it make you feel better no matter how many times I say that? No, but hopefully you'll understand. I have had the exact opposite with customer service. They have been stellar and actually want to save me shipping and repairing expenses. I understand no one gets the exact same experience but cmon man. If you really want it you'll wait or pull the trigger or something. But I think you should wait. Is it easy? Hell no. But in the end It's all on you.

Reactions: jon
Well, as long as we're all trolling here. I've had my coupon for 20 days and haven't gotten around to ordering yet.

Attachments

• trollface.jpg
    trollface.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: DLM

There's a man with spirit!

Listen, if it's THAT much of a PITA, buy one from some Ebay seller. I don't think it's that much more than the G66 waiting list, is it?

I totally understand the upset. I almost couldn't sleep until I got mine (what a DB I can be!) But direct your energy to solving it instead. FAs has pretty awesome customer service. That's not their issue. Their "issue", if they have one, is that they can't build them as fast as they can sell them. And I know there's a fine balance between investing in production facilities and ultimately seeing these same production facilities unused and wasting funds. So in the meantime, it's up to the customer to make things go right in getting their units.

I certainly don't mean to be patronizing, but there's always a way to get what you want. Just gotta want it constructively enough. Good luck.

Well, I asked Fractal how they justified this on their Facebook page. They removed my comment after I complained about their Customer Service policy. Figures.

I appreciate all your comments guys, thank you for empathising with my frustration. But waiting doesn't bother me if they can't keep up with demand. It's when "In Stock" pops up on their web site for people to write bot scripts and snap them up to sell for a profit or however they use the product. Get through the list first and do people right.

Last edited:
Right, I appreciate that JP is next to God as far as playing goes, but weight up the business he attracts against the business that Fractal lose for having poor customer service. I know that FAS provide this forum, but we pay for the products, so technically WE pay for this forum and should be able to verbalise opinions. Secondly, I removed at least 6 f**s and f******s before posting. I was livid.

First of all, we don't know the details of any agreements that might have been made between FAS and JP. Just throwing it out there, but it doesn't seem to be much of a stretch to consider that JP's usage and feedback on FAS products would be considered highly valuable for developmental purposes. Beyond his prominence, he is a VERY active touring music professional who can put the AxeFx through its paces and provide suggestions and feedback in a context that not many "studio cats" or "average Joe" types really can. I personally don't care if he is technically a "beta tester" or not, or if he gets a special deal. For all we know, it is users like JP who may provide some very important information to FAS in terms of the high demands placed on equipment used on major tours. We all benefit from this.

I'd advise, you take a deep breath, re-evaluate life in terms of what is really REALLY important, and move on. Sometimes life's just a bitch. ;)

Well, I asked Fractal how they justified this on their Facebook page. They removed my comment after I complained about their Customer Service policy. Figures.
as opposed to them personally flying an axe 2 free of charge to your bedroom and giving you your artist of choice's presets and an apology with complimentary chocolate waffles? Cmon man get real.

It's easy to be sarcastic/non-empathetic if you are going home tonight to play your II. I understand the OP's frustration, even if I don't agree with everything he wrote (and I don't). I just got my II two weeks ago and it was a long, long wait. I can imagine how frustrated I would feel if I thought it was going to be several more months before I got one.

as opposed to them personally flying an axe 2 free of charge to your bedroom and giving you your artist of choice's presets and an apology with complimentary chocolate waffles? Cmon man get real.

It wasn't that I was expecting a detailed analysis of their shipping and production policies, but a brief explanation of why they sell on their online store yet leave the rest of us waiting, or hell even a quick apology would have been nice. They didn't have to remove my comment, just because they know I'm right.

Back
Top Bottom