I'll never understand what makes it so difficult...

I still have an old Axe Fx Std.. I've tried to recreate a couple patches I absolutely love.. I just can't seem to do it. :pensive:
What cabs do they use? I have some of those old cabs converted. You could then tone match the amp.

See, that sounds counter intuitive to me…I have no talent, so I don’t need anything to make it sound less believable. The Axe has been a godsend for getting convincing guitar tones in my productions.
Yeah, but you're thinking... rationally.

What cabs do they use? I have some of those old cabs converted. You could then tone match the amp.

Well, on one of my fav patches I use two cabs.. Primarily a 4x12 green w/a 57 and an almost inaudible 4x12 30w w/a 57.. Hope that helps..

I have some silly little things I do to test not only guitar I'm playing and it's intonation but also what ever I happen to be playing thru. One is some natural harmonics I like and use :) G string harmonic, a 3rd of the way up the second fret. I know, that's an anal thing but it's crucial for me.. I start with a pinch open G, octave harmonic at the 5th, step to the 4th, then the 3rd fret and then the next G octave at the 3rd point .. I know,, probably anal but when I hear that right. I know the rest of the harmonics around the fretboard will be right, and what I'm playing thru as well....

sigh....... So hard to explain but so crucial to me :(

Stratman, thanks for taking the time to listen 🤟 :cool:🤟

Well, on one of my fav patches I use two cabs.. Primarily a 4x12 green w/a 57 and an almost inaudible 4x12 30w w/a 57.. Hope that helps..

I have some silly little things I do to test not only guitar I'm playing and it's intonation but also what ever I happen to be playing thru. One is some natural harmonics I like and use :) G string harmonic, a 3rd of the way up the second fret. I know, that's an anal thing but it's crucial for me.. I start with a pinch open G, octave harmonic at the 5th, step to the 4th, then the 3rd fret and then the next G octave at the 3rd point .. I know,, probably anal but when I hear that right. I know the rest of the harmonics around the fretboard will be right, and what I'm playing thru as well....

sigh....... So hard to explain but so crucial to me :(

Stratman, thanks for taking the time to listen 🤟 :cool:🤟
Matts suggestion is a good one. You would have the same cabs updated for the III, trust me Matt knows what he is doing. Then tone match the amps. Couldn't hurt. Actually with that process you may actually see and hear somethings that normally you wouldn't.....

Also''''Thanks for the Music...........

as far as dialing in a tone. Time and time again we hear "I ditched the Fractal because it was too hard to dial in a tone". I heard it yesterday. Twice. (ok I read it twice)

Today, I needed 6 blocks and minimal touching of the dials. Under 5 minutes. I'm rockin' like Dokken.
6 blocks sounds like a lot to an absolute novice. Especially if they're used to using a particular amp in person. They might think they should be able to do it with just the amp and cab block and they'll still be disappointed because it doesn't sound like the "amp in the room." I think being comfortable and too used to whatever they were previously using makes the transition difficult.

I'm pretty good at getting my sound out of any gear I use. At the very least a decent sound. My transition to the axe was super easy. I didn't switch to frfr so that eliminated the whole AITR and IR game. When I started to record ideas I chose an ir that resembled my cab and I think it translates well.

6 blocks sounds like a lot to an absolute novice. Especially if they're used to using a particular amp in person. They might think they should be able to do it with just the amp and cab block and they'll still be disappointed because it doesn't sound like the "amp in the room." I think being comfortable and too used to whatever they were previously using makes the transition difficult.

I'm pretty good at getting my sound out of any gear I use. At the very least a decent sound. My transition to the axe was super easy. I didn't switch to frfr so that eliminated the whole AITR and IR game. When I started to record ideas I chose an ir that resembled my cab and I think it translates well.
You need Input, Amp, Cab, Output at minimum. That's 4 blocks right there...;)

Back
Top Bottom