If you're not already watching Leon Todd...

Manny Fufish

Power User
Then you owe it to yourself to subscribe to his channel now so you don't forget, and go through his content when you have time. His stuff is casual, entertaining, and informative. It makes you feel like you're just hanging out with a fellow guitar player that's got some great chops! It's BYOB BTW...

Those of you that go back long enough know that I have always been a strait shooter, I call 'em like I see them, and I was an very early backer of guys like Austin Buddy that I knew were on to something big! I had been off the forum for a bit; as you know, life gets in the way, but when I got back here I came across Leon's stuff on AX8 and it's nothing less then fantastic!

Leon's presets often utilize the IRs of the much respected Justin York, and I can't recommend his Bi-Polar pack enough. it's a small price for building an amazing tone, and those of the fold realize that each time you strike gold, that's a big $$$ rig you just got handed to you, and you will take this with you for countless hours of head shaking, stupid grinning, looking at the floor in disbelief, appreciation...

I subscribe to many channels but I only get notifications of new content from 3 and Leon's is the 3rd. I have often thought that a big reason you should ALWAYS take lessons no matter how advanced you have become is to spend time with someone who is very musical and plays at an advanced level as time spent in that environment sort of rubs off on you... This channel comes off as an on-line version of that very experience.

If you own an AX8 or even an AxeFX, you need to check out this guys stuff, not only for the settings, suggestions, and presets, but also for the amazing licks just begging to be ripped off!! :)

I know I sound like a paid advertisement, but I'm just that stoked that there are people out there doing such good work! Good on ya' Leon!

Thanks,

~Manny

I will second your endorsement. I am a professional player and college guitar teacher.

Yesterday I had 2 gigs where I used Leon's presets. Today I have 2 gigs where I will use Leon's presets.

Everyone will come up to me afterwards and tell me how great I sound. Every time this happens I want to thank Leon for showing me how to use the AX8.

My sound would be nowhere near as good without him.

Well SOMEONE is going to wake up to a nice bunch of posts about him today! lol (I think he's in Australia??) I fully agree though - I've learned a lot from Leon and several other folks out here. I truly consider this forum invaluable in reducing the learning curve of the unit.

Another +1 for Leon here.

Was an early subscriber to his channel and have also learnt a great deal.

Not to mention all the other generous people on here who take the time to share.

Pretty much everything I know about the AX8 has been learnt from this forum.

Huge plus 1 here. And holy hell....which his most recent video on The Most Important Piece In Your Rig. It’s like @2112 has played in all the main venues in Western/Central NY state and seen all folks missing this essential piece. Those with the right attitude get the repeat gigs; those without complain! As Dug said, Complain...so much easier.

Keep up the good work, Leon!

Leon is a great source for quick learning tips for dialing in a gig-worthy tone. Videos get to the point which save more time for playing.

BTW this forum as a whole is fantastic. Everyone always responds with helpful tips and useful video sources.

Then you owe it to yourself to subscribe to his channel now so you don't forget, and go through his content when you have time. His stuff is casual, entertaining, and informative. It makes you feel like you're just hanging out with a fellow guitar player that's got some great chops! It's BYOB BTW...

Those of you that go back long enough know that I have always been a strait shooter, I call 'em like I see them, and I was an very early backer of guys like Austin Buddy that I knew were on to something big! I had been off the forum for a bit; as you know, life gets in the way, but when I got back here I came across Leon's stuff on AX8 and it's nothing less then fantastic!

Leon's presets often utilize the IRs of the much respected Justin York, and I can't recommend his Bi-Polar pack enough. it's a small price for building an amazing tone, and those of the fold realize that each time you strike gold, that's a big $$$ rig you just got handed to you, and you will take this with you for countless hours of head shaking, stupid grinning, looking at the floor in disbelief, appreciation...

I subscribe to many channels but I only get notifications of new content from 3 and Leon's is the 3rd. I have often thought that a big reason you should ALWAYS take lessons no matter how advanced you have become is to spend time with someone who is very musical and plays at an advanced level as time spent in that environment sort of rubs off on you... This channel comes off as an on-line version of that very experience.

If you own an AX8 or even an AxeFX, you need to check out this guys stuff, not only for the settings, suggestions, and presets, but also for the amazing licks just begging to be ripped off!! :)

I know I sound like a paid advertisement, but I'm just that stoked that there are people out there doing such good work! Good on ya' Leon!

Thanks,

~Manny
He's so awesome!!

I fully agree! I subscribe to Leon's YouTube channel as well as his band's YouTube channel, Ragdoll. You owe it to yourself to check out Ragdoll. Awesome band!

Tip of the cap to Leon! Since buying my AX8 last month, I've watched so many Leon videos that I feel like I know him personally! Ha! Killer tones and killer player!

Back
Top Bottom