If there was no Fractal Audio, what would your rig be?

I own an Ultra, but use it only for recordings. For rehearsal with a live drummer I like my "classic" rig much better.

Koch Twintone II + Koch 2x12 vertical Cab + some pedals in fx loop (boss DD-5, boss DD-7, Digitech Hardwire Chorus, boss PS-5) + volume/wah-pedal

Just picked up an 11r (used, with expansion pack) for a good price to use as my interim rig. I gotta, say, I think it blows away any other unit not called 'AxeFX' (and yeah, I've tried them all). It certainly isn't up to AxeFX quality (G1, so I imagine it's far below G2), but that doesn't mean it isn't a good piece of gear.

Of course that's because I go direct for everything. If I was in a position to use a traditional amp I'd probably get something like a Deluxe Reverb and a handful of pedals to put in front.

I just picked up a mint condition Vetta II combo with longboard for less than a grand. It's an excellent sounding rig.

-Chris

You know the reality is, for the retail price of the AFX II and MFC (let alone adding a pair of atomic powered cabs or some other amplifier/speaker cab combo), you can buy quite a bit of REAL gear for those prices... Use Waves GTR or Guitar Rig for recording, and buy a dream multi-amp setup.

-Chris

You know the reality is, for the retail price of the AFX II and MFC (let alone adding a pair of atomic powered cabs or some other amplifier/speaker cab combo), you can buy quite a bit of REAL gear for those prices... Use Waves GTR or Guitar Rig for recording, and buy a dream multi-amp setup.

-Chris

Not hardly.

Bogner Ecstasy: $4k

There goes the budget...

Bogner? Really?
I think you could buy a pretty nice Marshall, Fender & or Mesa set up in the used market with some effects etc, for those kind of dollars.
I had the JVM 410, and that was an INCREDIBLE amp!!
The creative guy could do well in the used market with that $4000.....

-Chris

-Chris

Then you have the problem you had of carting around a rig that destroys you.

Seriously you have gone through 4 ultra's to end up with a Vetta?? It may have been less than a grand but you would have to pay me that to take it and give up the Ax..flip I wouldnt even consider it then!!

But you enjoy if it makes you happy!! :)

I still have my Line6 AX2. Dont laugh,
until the AXFX came along it was still the best out there for me. I have my Like new Vetta (pewk) sitting on consignment in a local store for 500.00 for months now. Should have sold it as soon as i bought it.

I waited for Cliff to begin shipping to put the Ultra on ebay. Its fixing to sell for 1600 - fees.
Didnt think i would have to wait weeks/months.
I might have to buy one for 2600 since i didnt find out about the waiting list till late.
and have some important recording/gigs coming up

Sucks that i asked Cliff about a waiting list last week, he told me no waiting list, first come first served.
So I'm still at the bottom of the list.
Entitled, NO.
Addicted and bummed, yes.
I just want to get the II so i dont have to worry about upgrading my guitar tone for another 4 or 5 years.

Last edited:
The Solano preset 12c was awesome back in the day! :D

Still is!! I believe the layer patch uses the soldano w/ a JM 45 sim, mix those an its my go to patch.
My clean chorus tones w/ the wide (enhancer) still fills the room.
I did load it w EVM12l's though.
Still use it live alot!
and will need it for a while again now it seems!

Still is!! I believe the layer patch uses the soldano w/ a JM 45 sim, mix those an its my go to patch.
My clean chorus tones w/ the wide (enhancer) still fills the room.
I did load it w EVM12l's though.
Still use it live alot!
and will need it for a while again now it seems!

Glad you mentioned the Ax2, I have just sold my Ultra and selling my AC15 to help pay for the Matrix, Cab and Ax II, I needed something to use until the Ax arrives and I had actually forgotten i still had the Ax2!! :D

Back
Top Bottom